Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live Beta Testing

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    I duno if ill get Live yet anyway ill probably get it at xmas wen they fix the lag and Halo2 comes out :)

As far as I know Halo 2 is not coming out at Chirstmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Good damn it. Well ill probably wait till september anyway cuz Conker Live and Uncut will be out along with sum other good games. Ill probably get Unreal, Wolf, Midnightclub2, Midtownmadess 3, GR: Island thunder, Moto GP 2, Are there any fighting games on line except SNK VS Capcom? I know theres a DOA online but will soul calibur be? Can anyone else recommend any other good Live titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

mechassualt is a blast online with lots of players and as far as i know soul callibur II doesnt support online play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Halo 2 has been delayed to early 2004 (they say the first quarter), Microsoft said at E3 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is anyone else somewhat disappointed by the whole XBOX Live experience?

While it is good fun when I get connected, getting connected to be the problem. An example, just there I hosted a game for a few mins, won, and then an error popped up telling me the game cannot find the Live Server anymore. Not only this, it takes about 20 attempts to get connected in the first place!!

There is another post that deals configuration problems already so I dont need help with that.

• Advertisement

While it is good fun when I get connected, getting connected to be the problem. An example, just there I hosted a game for a few mins, won, and then an error popped up telling me the game cannot find the Live Server anymore. Not only this, it takes about 20 attempts to get connected in the first place!!

There is another post that deals configuration problems already so I dont need help with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    An example, just there I hosted a game for a few mins, won, and then an error popped up telling me the game cannot find the Live Server anymore. Not only this, it takes about 20 attempts to get connected in the first place!!

was this with rtcw?

that games' network code is a bag of w*nk.

have you had connection problems etc with other games?

To be honest I have not gone beyond the demo disk yet.... I dont wanna risk it, I reckon I am gonna put my foot into the ****ing thing if I buy a game and it does not work!!

This has been happening now for a month like, works one minute and then just stops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

• Advertisement

To be honet, feyla is sitting beside me here trying to figure it out as well.. I was trying to figure it out but I was near cracking so I got him to try it for a bit....

Yeah we are in netsource. It is just me, or is this Linksys router a pile a ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I've been trying out Live on the beta for the past couple of weeks since getting IOL BB installed, and so far I'm pretty impressed. It works fine, I can see no lag on the demo games, and I only occaisonally get dumped off a server, but I think that's because the person hosting the game has turned off/changed game, etc. The voice communicator is fine if you want to hear abusive adolescents :) , but then I've not played any squad-based games yet, where I could see it being useful.

FYI, I'm using a Zoom X4 ethernet/USB modem/router, with uPnP, and it worked fine without needing any setup by me. (I had an initial problem, that I think was down to me changing the defaut config and making the DHCP leases too short).

Ciarán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ceejay,

Could you help me?? I'm on IOL and my xbox can't find my DNS servers. Do you know what to do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I had this the first time I tried to connect, but I think this was because I had changed the default DHCP settings so that the lease was 1 day instead of 30 days. A few days later I changed it back to 30, then tried the XBox Live, and it worked fine. So, sorry that this doesn't really help you that much.

You could try setting the DNS to be the IP address of the router, or the PC if you're using ICS. Either will probably be using DSN forwarding, so that might work.

Good luck!

Ciarán.

Advertisement