Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony mzr70 minidisc recording issues

• 06-06-2003 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

i do 95% of my recording with thc pc.
    i use an analogue stereo table.i have an sb live sound card with digital out.i have never used this.
    the problem im having is that the songs do not have a lot of volume ie if i turn up the volume full on the minidisc while im listening songs dont sound asn loud as they should.they are loud but if any other object eg a lawnmower is on i can barely hear anything.
    when recording i av the pc volume up full and the speaker option in audiohq set to "headphones".
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Have you tried adjusting the record volume level on the minidisc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

afaik there is no "record" volume on my md... maybe i'm mistaken.
    if i turn the normal volume down full and rec with the pc on full vol .. then when i turn up the md vol will it be louder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

i think most mds do have a record volume. i have the mzr700, the upgrade of the 70 and it has a record volume and i think the only diff between models was the LP facility.

it could be that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

the Sony's do have recording volume but I remember it being tricky to find on the MZR I had. Its a manual control option. Go look up the instruction manual and search through it, I'm pretty sure its in there.

try this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

yeah you can adjust the record volume.
    but be careful not to have it too high, cos it can feck up some songs making them very static and crappy.
    or you could just record normally and grab some song nude-ex earphones hehe. they are sweet. stick right into your ears blocking most external noise. not cheap though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I have that MD and you can defintely higher the recording volume. When it's recording, the quick way to do it is to press the Left/Right button which will bring up a volume menu. Higher the louder, obviously. Make sure you have AVLS turned off as this limits how loud you can go.

And yea, if you go too loud it'll sound horrible... just a matter of finding the right balance.

Or just buy a damn optical cable :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

yeah, the optical cable would be much better. I thought one usually comes with the MD as standard? maybe it's just with the mzr700 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

thanks for all the replies.

I found record volume! After u start recording i had to pause and then go into the menu and it was the.. the options are Auto and Manual.. I set it to Manual.. i assume the usually volume is then the recording volume?? I'll mess with that anyway.. should improve things.

I tried using the optical cable before with my sb live card. However it keeps coming up no signal on the MD when i press record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Optical cable is standard with the MZR70 too.

Patrick, double click the "Volume" icon in the system tray down there beside the clock. Look for SPDIF option in there and make sure it's not Muted. If you don't see it, click Options -> Properties. Scroll down the list there until you see SPDIF, check the box beside it and click OK and you should be able to see it in the slider-menu's.

The normal Volume buttons don't change the recording volume on the MD... once you have it set to manual volume, just press the left and right buttons to change the recvol.

Advertisement