Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7250i

• 06-06-2003 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

has anyone got a release date for this? it looks good - better camera and screen, portrait caller id, xhtml browser and a few other extras

on a slightly related matter, i was in the o2 shops on henry st today and they have the 7250 for €279, while the 7210 is going for for €299 :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

according to Nokia's release Wednesday it will be available June 2003 - so resellers should get it after that, and then the operators after they do their usual testing (and then add on an indefinite amount of time for Ireland ;))

didn't see any major improvements for the screen in the specs they outlined for the 7250i physically it's the same

they mention allowing a Grid menu for Series40 display as alternative view, so it would allow for a Series60 grid like approach for for menu items so they worked on the UI some more

some more details in their 7250i FAQ

pity there is still no built-in e-mail client and adding Bluetooth would have been a nice surprise...

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

funny, i could've sworn i read something about an improved screen the other day. oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

unless they were referring to the new layout option for the display as the improvement?

there was some rumours of a new version coming out breaking the current Nokia 4096 colour max. and pusing up to the 65k level (to position it more head to head with the likes of the T610) - but the specs released for the 7250i didn't bear that rumour out

BrianG

Advertisement