Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suggestion for mods or admins of the for sale board

• 06-06-2003 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Well i suppose i had to get around to bitching and moaning about the for sale board sometime and this is as good a time as any

im so sick and tired of muppets going into for sale threads and spouting off about well you can get this cheaper at this price somewhere else.

i personally dont want to know that, i put a few things up for sale now at what i think is a reasonable price only to be told cheaper here cheaper there cheaper everywhere.

If a person is going into a thread simply to ruin a sale then surely that contravenes the boards rules and something should be done about it, maybe a 3 strikes and your out rule or something similar

Regards
    Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thread spoiling is not allowed, its a banning offence as per the rules. If you look in the sin bin you will see that spoilers have been banned.

Has this happened to you recently, if so please point me at the threads.

If you have a read of the rules it is okay for someone to post a link to the item at a lower price if they are bidding/haggeling or if the item is heavily over priced.

If we have missed a thread spolier, its one of the few.

Vex.

Hello again Shinzon...

Can you point me the thread spolier threads please so that appropriate action may be taken....!

Regards

Vex.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Admittedly now, if they can provide a link to the same product cheaper... thats fair enough. The whole point of the For Sale board is that its discussed in full view. This isnt buy-and-sell where someone can rip an old couple off for 400 notes for their top of the line 486!

Thread spoiling wont be tolerated but people are entitled to point out that the readers can get a better deal so long as they provide links/evidence of that imho.

DeV.

Dev

You hit the nail on the head there...

What we are trying to weed out the is post that says

I hear you can get that in game for €199 with 3 games,
    or I saw it in buy and sell for half that prices, or
    you are mad if you think you can get that price for it.....

just factless quips from people who have no intention of buying.

The only instance that I would accept someone quoting a price to an item, and who has no intention of buying it, is if someone is way overpricing an item, giving them a heads up that their price is off the mark is ok, but do it politley and without comment....

In the main, items that appear to be over priced are still cheaper than pc world, peats, maplins etc, but may be available cheaper from online retailers....

We dont need to get up peoples noses with comments trying to make them look small, foolish or out to rip people off.

V.

Advertisement