Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB -> TV product HELP!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What kind of laptop do you have?

There are PCMCIA solutions out there which might solve your problem (I have an MPEG card - but this will only work with DVDs when using the card's DVD player)...

Its a toshiba satellite.

couple of yrs old, was bought in america.

has pcmcia slot, so good stuff!!

Any idea where i can get info on the solution u are on bout?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well, like I mentioned, my PCMCIA card will only output the content from playing DVDs.. (But then my Dell has a TV-out)..
    It's a Margi DVD-to-go card (http://www.margi.com/).

One other option might be to investigate some kind of VGA->S-Video converter (why not just get a big monitor, or a projector!).

Do a google, or for VGA->RF, here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Look around for a ATI USB All in wonder tv card, basicly it has all the possible connections you need including S-Video and its usb which works nicely. Unfortunately I got mine from america bundled with my alienware laptop so I needed a ntsc to pal convertor. If you need more detailed info on it just ask.

• Advertisement

great stuff, thatnks for the info, I had a look around and found this so I think thats perfect!

Only thing is to get the damn thing over from the states now...

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Make sure its PAL not NTSC

yup, according to the datasheet(pdf) it does both NTSC & PAL :)

so all is good!

cheers

Advertisement