Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircom and getting pi$$ed off

• 06-06-2003 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Well now where to start?

Got rid of ADSL like 11 days ago and since then i have gotten 4 different people from €ircon sales asking if i want Broadband.

Hello can't yah take a hint?

or better still talk to departments

Communicate!

Its very sad when they keep ringing me up and asking if i would like a faster internet.. i say i have one already, its faster, cheaper and NO Caps, funny that , the sales person said they didnt CAP.

Oh ho someone just dropped the ball.

Just thought yah would like to know.. Sharing is good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Did you have to break a 12-month contract, and if so how did they take it?

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

No contract

And if there was they broke it numerous times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Carnate
    No contract

And if there was they broke it numerous times.

Explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i have eircom adsl a while now and i still havn't signed anything...
    I'm actually thinking of going to netsource but i since i havn't signed anything am i leaving myself liable?

I havn't signed a thing the whole installation was done over the phone with my credit card and my existing eircom account number...
    What do you think?
    Could i walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

Dunno if this will be moved to IOFFL but anyway...

I had ISDN installed last september, big mistake, first bill was like 600 euro when everything taken into account..

lines, installation, modem, account.... 600 smakers

So when Esat rolled out here early this year, i jumped on it. Told Eircomnet where to stick there account and demanded a half years refund "Sorry we dont give refunds"

"Bollix" I said, rang some other dude and gave out, he agreed to refund half a year €150.....

That was the 5th of March... no cheque

I have a call log and between the 5th of April to last Friday I made 32 fone calls, no answer, no cheque

Rang Com Reg 2 weeks ago, got a call from Eircom the day after "That cheque was posted to u sir" "Bollix" I said, if it were I would have recieved it...."OK we'll look into it"

NO cheque, rang Com Reg again.... got a call from you know who an hour later..."We're looking into it, the finance department have me on hold" "Now u know how I feel" I said...

No cheque... so if I dont have it on Monday morning, keep ur ears peeled to the Jerry Ryan Show.....

Not only am I gonna bring up my current situation, but also those scandalous "Unlimited Access" ads...

My whole point being here, that if I owed Eircon 150 since the 5th of March we all know what I would have, collection agency or solicitors letters and probably a bad credit rap...

Fair play for a fair deal thats all i ask...

Please note : I never actually said Bollix to anyone in Eircon, its just a metaphor for my telling the same story to heaps of different people over a 3 month period...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Eircon, what absolute gems!!

Personally I can't wait for the day that I can hand back my phone line, & tell them to F off.

Try this,

Recently I had trouble with a lost mobile phone insurance claim with carphone warehouse (I didn't report it to a garda station with in 72 hours - in T&C).

To make a long story short ...... they were refusing to give me a new phone..... I asked them for the name of their legal representation, to whom I could address my 'Small Claims Court' claim.... they coughed up immediately.

It work because:
    It costs you nothing to set-up a session in the 'Small Claims Court'.

But Eircon would have to send down a lawyer - and that will work out a lot more expensive than your €150

Ask the accounts person for their name & tell them that you - require the name and address of an individual within their organisation to whom you can address your 'Small Claims Court' claim. Don't hang up untill you get a name.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/justice/small_claims_court/small_claims_court.html

Advertisement