Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

just wondering does anybody have this product and if they do how is it holding up fot them like any installation problems i should know about before i buy

just a few questions while im at it

u get a pcmcia with this aswell right but my laptop is an iBook(mac) so they wont work together right!!

if i get this i can connect up my pc, my brothers pc (both via cat 5) and then the laptop (the iBook) via wireless connection and i dont need anyother switch or modem!!

am i right in everything here just want to make sure before i take the plunge and buy it

cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

I like the Draytek Vigor 2600 series.

2600W/We has ADSL, 802.11b wi-fi, 4-port ethernet switch, NAT, DHCP, Basic Firewall etc. and good support for VPN.

2600X has automatic ISDN backup in the event of ADSL failure (as if it would ever happen!) which is more for business (requires both ADSL and ISDN lines).

Routers work on each of the ADSL offerings in Ireland.

2500/We SOHO products due out soon (end-August?) with similar functionality and lower cost. (VPN for remote, not central site)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We have the Linksys one Uzami recommended. Dont mean to thread on anyones toes, but the thing is a ****ing nightmare. To top it all off, I now have to return it, the thing has locked up and wont even boot... Ohhh the pain.

Advertisement