Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the strangest thing you have done with popcorn?

• 07-06-2003 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I mean food wise (but I supose if you want to confess something, go ahead). What is the strangest way you have made popcorn.

I made vodca popcorn, was kinda mankey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the only time i eat popcorm is at the cinema, so when i have finshed my lovely nachoes and jalepano chillis, i mop up the last of the cheese sauce with popcorn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Sometimes when I go to the cinema and I feel like pigging out I get a medium bucket of popcorn (not buttered) and a bag of Galaxy Minstrels. I pour the minstrels into the popcorn and eat it together. I find it leaves an after-taste of rice-krispie buns...
    Try it and see! And let me know if I'm just weird or is there really an after-taste of rice-kripsie buns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

they used to sell chocolate covered popcorn, called daddums i think, and i used to put in sandwhicches. it was teh nyom!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I haven't tried Minstrels, but Malteasers are the alsolute biz. You have not lived until you have poured a bag a Malteasers into a bucket of popcorn.

The chocolate melts a bit and you get a chocolate/popcorn combo that is heaven.

Hyzepher

Sounds very nyommy! I love Maltesers so I'll be giving that a go next time I hit the flicks and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    the only time i eat popcorm is at the cinema, so when i have finshed my lovely nachoes and jalepano chillis, i mop up the last of the cheese sauce with popcorn :)

For me there just isnt enough cheese tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Oh no, there isn't enough cheese - leftover in the nacho tray that is...

but in the cheese machine ... that's different :)

Last time I went to the cinema (Matrix Reloaded, Ster Century) we got popcorn with butter and asked for nacho cheese on top. Needless to say, the monkey behind the counter was a bit bemused at this but served it anyway. It was disgusting really - but we couldn't get enough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

i love hot popcorn on buttered bread .... tasty :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, m&m's with popcorn are great too.

If you want to make sweet popcorn - put some brown sugar or white into the pot while frying the popcorn. Don't put it onto high power or the sugar will burn quickly. Yummo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Skittles poured into popcorn.
    Only happened because someone poured my skittles into my popcorn because I poured coke into his.
    Not very nice, the dye comes off the skittles and they taste salty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

There's a girl my office who puts popcorn into yoghurt, and spoons it up.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

On the way to Amsterday on a school tour years ago one of my mates fell asleep on the bus. we were bored so we proceed to pack every orifice in his....head with popcorn. He didn't wake up until he was finding it hard to breath through his popcorn packed open gob and was so drowsy that he didnt notice the popcorn in his nose and ears for ages! still have the picture of it somewhere.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

a bit of it was jamming my printer, I found after taking the cover off and fiddling about with it. So "jammed my printer with it" is my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Melt peanut butter, jelly (as in american jam) and butter together and pour over the popcorn...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Melt peanut butter, jelly (as in american jam) and butter together and pour over the popcorn...

That's disgusting! I'm feeling sick at the thought of seeing that, let alone eating it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cheese and onion ripple crisps

maple syrup popcorn balls coated in chocolate yuuuuummmmmmeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by sykeirl

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    dude, that really is messed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Eat your popcorn with Galaxy Swirls, it's gorgeous and addictive!! Don't pour the Swirls into the popcorn though cos it makes a right mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

do you eat your popcorn with a spoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Try it with Vanilla icecream, it is great :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement