Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you ever owned an Atari........

• 07-06-2003 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Then you'd be mad not to own one of ......

these

(I'm just waiting for someone to tell me this is old news)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I think I remember spotting them in argos.....had to fight the impulse to buy one, cool as fup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I had two of the original sticks for my Atari 2600 and bizarely they also worked with my Amiga 500.

Tough as hell, took a hell of a beating but ergonomic they weren't. I can still feel the blisters.

I'd get one of the ones mentioned above but there's no two player mode, which tbh makes it a pretty short term product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Blisters? Lucky you, they wore huge chunks out of my hands where the blisters would have been. To this day the thought of waggling a joystick to make your character move faster sends me into near fatal flashbacks...

But Centipede was the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by amp
    I had two of the original sticks for my Atari 2600 and bizarely they also worked with my Amiga 500.

I had an Atari 7800 and was able to use their gammy little joypads with my Amiga 500 too.

http://www.computers-n-robots.de/780029.html

Those little f*ckers used to do awful damage to my thumbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

*pats his jaguar*

dont mind them fools :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The joystics were all the same 9-pin configureation jobbies. Megadrive joypads/joysticks worked flawlessly on ataris and amigas too. That second button came in very handy for games like Flashback or Mortal Kombat 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

IT REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I SPENT DEVELOPING TETRIS.
    Boris Barishnokopf, Russia - Mar '03

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

i had the orignal Atari with the wood-like outer case found it there a few days ago, a friend told me that there worth quite a bit nowdays as collecters items.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fetch

i had the orignal Atari with the wood-like outer case found it there a few days ago, a friend told me that there worth quite a bit nowdays as collecters items.

Yupp wood panelling they dont make them like that anymore... remember when the only thing you had to do to make something look fancy was to put some faux wood panelling on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

it says it has breakout!

you can't play breakout properly without one of those paddel controllers ("tennis controllers")

centipede rocks though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement