Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its Official now...

• 07-06-2003 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

At least its finally official. Real All the way though...

"Reds release Becks statement

7/6/03 4:31 PM

Manchester United have released the following statement regarding the recent David Beckham transfer speculation:

"Manchester United can confirm today that clubs from Italy and Spain have expressed a firm interest in signing David Beckham.

"David’s advisers, SFX, have also been approached by clubs independently and we are in regular and close contact with them regarding the status of those discussions, which are ongoing.

"David has been kept informed while on holiday."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

beckhams reputation precedes him. hell be a flop where they actually require skill in your game to make it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

SFX are only gonna let him go to a club bigger than united though, or else his sponsers will get p!ssed off
    so i think he'll be real's most expensive bench warmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I actually think if he goes to Real if Figo is still gonna be there,Becks will be on the bench. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I read this morning that Figo would be going in the other direction, in a player swap + cash deal...

Mike.

Well i wrote it in the other thread on here but its only something i heard. theres so much stuff going on.

Check this out if u havent seen it already...

http://www.manutd.com/news/features.sps?iType=784&icustompageid=6846

pretty interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL! :D

Its as bad as the Liverpool list - goes on forever and not a signing in sight!

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    LOL! :D

Its as bad as the Liverpool list - goes on forever and not a signing in sight!

Mike.

ha ha!

its funny cause its true

wonder will we sign anyone but finnan over the summer

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What does everyone reckon should it be Veron out on the right? Solskjaer out on the right? A.N. Other on the right?

I'm personally glad to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I cantr see UTD rejecting a good offer for Beckham, in this current climate of not much cash etc, 20-25 million could be to good to refuse. I still maintain (although its not my place to but I shall) Scholes feeding RVN and Solskjaer would be a good attacking option not that they need much help at attacking..... mumble mumble

I still maintain (although its not my place to but I shall) Scholes feeding RVN and Solskjaer would be a good attacking option not that they need much help at attacking..... mumble mumble

Im 100% confident Ronaldinho will be taking that role jus behind the RVN and scholes will be put back in the middle with Keane, with solskjaer/veron on the right and giggs/duff/kewell on the left. Also this figo speculation could become a reality...****s sake, i wish this transfer speculation cud turn into reality tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

my mouth waters at even the prospect of figo...i do like Becjham tho. He is a fairly hard worker and does stick in very good crosses. RVN did say he wouldnt socre half as many without his quality of crosses at one stage. Figo tho...the mouth drools :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

There is no way he is worth 30mil he is and good player and all but not in the same league as Zidane.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Figo has had a nightmare few months for Real.

Figo at utd would be ****en great i must say. Im a big Beckham fan too though and id like him to stay. hang on a sec...he plays left and right doesnt he? Hmmm that is pretty tasty actually...but no..if there gonna do a swap deal, then i'd prefer Ronaldo this direction instead of figo. Ronaldo is just a legend. Even though people say hes overweight and not fit...hes a ****en legend and he would bring some magic with his mate Ronaldinho...

real madrid being the richest club in the world, and regarded in general as the best, why would Ronaldo want to leave madrid for united?

especially as he has only been at madrid for a year!

He has been regarded as a "selfish little island" by Del bosque which provoked him to say he would like to play in England one day for a big club like Man Utd or Arsenal. Its all speculation.

Originally posted by 50Cent
    He has been regarded as a "selfish little island" by Del bosque which provoked him to say he would like to play in England one day for a big club like Man Utd or Arsenal. Its all speculation.

i hear thats why Ferguson wants rid of Beckham.... he is becoming bigger than the team. to be hones i'd love ronaldo to vome to the premiership but i cant see it happening. especially for united, i dont think van nistelrooy iis his ideal partner. they are to alike, both goal poachers. united would win the champo league with 1 good defensive signing and Raul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rollover

i reckon beckham isnt worth 30m in england but in a place like italy or spain where players are poorly disciplined and thus there are more set pieces he might give a team that extra edge..i reckon man utd need a tough midfielder in the mould of keane who wouldnt be afraid of attacking either..Gennaro Gattuso provides this option..also lucio wouldnt be a bad buy(assuming they could get him relatively cheap) if he could replace neville at right back

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    my mouth waters at even the prospect of figo...i do like Becjham tho. He is a fairly hard worker and does stick in very good crosses. RVN did say he wouldnt socre half as many without his quality of crosses at one stage. Figo tho...the mouth drools :)
    He is a fairly hard worker, but he only ever seems to work hard when he's playing for England. He simply hasn't been putting in the effort at United.

Ah he is. He does work hard for Utd. Thats one thing about him...he always gives it his all. That doesnt mean he always plays well...cos he doesnt...but he is a worldclass player who is based on technique, passing, shooting, set pieces and creativity and flair. He cant run past player, cant tackle, cant dribble...but he is a uniquely different player in EVERY single sense...which is why he is so marketable and a really good player in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Ah he is. He does work hard for Utd. Thats one thing about him...he always gives it his all. That doesnt mean he always plays well...cos he doesnt...but he is a worldclass player who is based on technique, passing, shooting, set pieces and creativity and flair. He cant run past player, cant tackle, cant dribble...but he is a uniquely different player in EVERY single sense...which is why he is so marketable and a really good player in my opinion.

fair point 50cent, but i think that to be worth 30 million you have to be all that and more. its his reputation that has knocked up his price tag, not his ability.

He did work hard for United, but he just didn't do it at all last year. Before last season he probably worked the hardest in the whole United team.

If we do sell Beckham, I hope that Figo does not sign for United. He is getting on in age and he does not work hard enough. He does not defend or anything.

Hell be 28 this season ye? Then after this season he will be 29, then at 30...he is free to leave. Utd have no choice really but to sell him...becks doesnt want to go, but if they dont sell him this season, theyll get 12 - 15 million for him next season i reckon...which is a loss considering the amounts being thought about for him this season.

But hes ridiculously marketable, very goodlooking...hes a hit all round. These attributes come first...then its his footballing ability in my opinion...and thats why he is worth so much, but he still is a damn good footballer.

Advertisement