Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get all channels on basic cable

Options
  • 07-06-2003 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

I have basic cable upstairs, i just connected it to my tv and i got several channels, except bbc1, bbc2, rte1, i tryed tuning it but they dont show up and i dont think i can save a channel after its tuned, i have some Sanyo tv, should i get them new universal remotes ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Where did you get the TV and how old is it?

Some older TV's and videos have a tuner which cannot handle all of the frequencies used by the cable companies. Way back when I had Multi-Channel and there was no black box needed I had to get a new tuner for my video as it could only receive about half of the channels.

If you can tune a channel, then you should be able to store it. If you can find the model number of the TV do a search in google for the instructions.

Advertisement