Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers Board

Options
  • 07-06-2003 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

A lot of people are finishing the Leaving, maybe a section on careers could point someone in the right direction?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If there's any Career Guidance councellors who post here then its a great idea.

Without that though I reckon it would be a shambles, there are career guidance people for the same reason there are doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Not neccessarily. People with experience in different careers could be very handy as regards advice about that field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Could be good for those of us thinking of changing career too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i like this as it would give people starting out say in a carrer an idea of what areas to specalise in.

I am training to be a computer technicain and would love some advice on what the best area to be in.

Perhaps even rename the work forum to jobs/careers!

OR.. you could post in the "Work" forum... stickies seem to indicate its a place for giving advice... what with the CV stciky and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

a seperate forum though for people to discuss career options, the college and universitys they might want to choose, cant exactly put that under "work" in all fairness

Colleges belong in a completely different forum altogehter tbh.

The Leaving Cert forum has really become the home for those type of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think it's a good idea it'd be fairly low traffic like the work forum but like the work forum it'd still be an good place to go for some advice and a few contrasting opinions.

Plus it would be useful for everyone not just people finishing school.

Nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Work forum covers this adequately imo. No product and/or service endorsal from me.

Advertisement