Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switzerland V Russia (score)

• 07-06-2003 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I think maybe some people have forgotten about this one:

Switzerland 2 - 2 Russia

Frei 14, 16______Ignashevitch 24,68(pen)

That leaves the table like this:

Group Ten
    Team
    P----Pts---GD
    Switzerland----5
    9----+4
    Russia
    5----7
    +2
    Ireland
    5----7----(-1)
    Albania
    5----5
    (-2)
    Georgia
    4----4
    (-3)

Looks like the top 3 are going to battle it out for the two spots with each realistically capable of winning the group.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

and Switzerland are playing Albania at home on Wednsday

but realistically, we have to go unbeaten till the end. the only result i'd accept as a draw is the Swiss away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

That is a great result. Leaves Ireland with a chance for both top spot and second!

Man i am very pleased with i, especially as we have Russia at home to come and i do fancy us to beat em ( as long as we play better than we did today).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    That is a great result. Leaves Ireland with a chance for both top spot and second!

Man i am very pleased with i, especially as we have Russia at home to come and i do fancy us to beat em ( as long as we play better than we did today).

dont russia and switzerland have to play each other again? correct me if i'm wrong but that looks like one of them dropping points again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

Remaining matches:

June 11: Rep of Ireland v Georgia, Switzerland v Albania

Sept 6: Rep of Ireland v Russia, Georgia v Albania

Sept 10: Russia v Switzerland, Albania v Georgia

Oct 11: Russia v Georgia, Switzerland v Rep of Ireland

so yeah Russia/Switzerland do play again - heres hoping for another draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I hope the Albanians can do us a favour and take some points from the Swiss. However with us beating them today they really need a win and im worried what that will mean as they will have to attack and not soak it up like they did today.

Hopefully the 2nd russia/swiss game will be a draw as well. Would be quite nice :)

(man my last post was bad, posting when your drunk is not a good idea :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I reckon Albainia are good for maybe a point against Switzerland on Wednesday. The group is so wide open now. Ireland may be able to sneak top spot, if we can we our remaining three matches!

C'mon Ireland!!

Advertisement