Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitor games

Options
  • 08-06-2003 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Just wondering what games have a feature that let you use two monitors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

From my time on the Offishul MS Flight Sim support I can say that flight sim does support it. So really big fans can use one monitor for the instruments, another for rear view, etc. etc.

I imagine that any game that has multiple window support will work on dual monitors. But I don't think there's many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

One of the ST Armada games supported Dual monitor. Seems that games that supported Matroxs "Dual Head" idea work with any card.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

No, not many games support it... except Quake 3 & Unreal Tournament! I don't know about other Q3-engined games, but I wouldn't be surprised. It takes a bit of tinkering, but this page covers it. Note though that not all combinations of cards allow OpenGL acceleration on the two monitors, afaik they both need to be fairly recent cards for accelerated 3d to work (>= GF2 or equivalent.. but I could be wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Most cards that have a TV\Second VGA output allow 3D acceleration on the second output at the same time as the first. That was how it worked on ST Armada anyway.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Weebo

Until it is supported directly by Direct X...e.g. DX will span anything across the available space...I am holding back from a multi monitor rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

But it has been supported directly ever since DirectX 8.. all it needs is for the programmer to put in a little extra work.

Advertisement