Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting A New Graphics Card

• 08-06-2003 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be getting a GeForce 4 soon. As everyone one I know has it and loves it.

Is there any other better graphics card? Around the same price? I don't want to be a sheep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

well saying Gf4 is very broad.. theres many makes gf4 MX wouldnt be to great but if u have the money look at the ATI RADEON 9500 or so modles there pritty sweet, aslo Nvidia aparently have a new card comeing out if you want to wait for that.

-Coz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Moving thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's the new Geforce FX line which has superseded the Geforce4 line. There's the GeforceFX 5900(top-range), GeforceFX 5600(mid-range) , and the GeforceFX 5200(budget). Don't get anything like the GeforceFX 5800 as this was the top-range card from the previous geforcefx series and there were a lot of difficulties in manufacturing.

As for the Radeons there's the Radeon 9800, Radeon 9600, and Radeon 9200. From what I've heard the Radeons are supposed to be better, especially when it comes to heat production.

Advertisement