Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZBot users on Q2 war server

Options
  • 05-11-1998 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

just to let the person who was kicked by the server last nite for using a zbot know, i have a logfile and if it happens again you'll be permanently unwelcome on the quake.ie servers. ok, it could have been a mistake by the server, but i'm checking that out with the author of the mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The early Zbot dection mod would sometimes kick people off who weren't Zbots, however the new one doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

Any chance of a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the particular person isn't in a q2 clan so no worries about the leagues. i've mailed shank about maybe some of us getting our heads together and deciding what should be done. we need to make sure the person WAS actually using the bot.

have you seen or heard about anyone else getting kicked?

Well I've been out of it for a week or so with upgrading my machine (I'll be back on Saturday, kikin all yo ***** asses on a machine greater than me ole p120!!), if you wanna sort somethin out either mail me or Shank with suggestions (mail Shank for now). I'd luv to know who the scum bag was!

Cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Yo Cave, where's that voice ;)

Ok, there has been reports of people being kicked off with the zbot dectection, however this is extremly rare. Anyway did you get to demo the person?

Hobbes.
    Ps. Cloud it won't accept my password! :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Butcher I didn't get yr mail, quakemail is still down so send it on to shank1@usa.net. Re bot detection, I wasn't aware of a bot detection prog on quake.ie other then the standard id one, but that only detects Zbot around (no I'm not gonna tell ya how :)). 3.18 users and seeing as most of them are using V3.19 it's pretty useless. Lithium have included a bot detection prog on their latest release but it's fairly easy to get Anyway if you think someone is usin a bot on quake.ie go into chasecam and demo him then send it on to me. If anyone knows of any reliable detection progs mail me.

Soon Hobbes, soon ;)

Seems okay again Hobbes ;-)

You managed to clear all your fields?!

John.
    --

I did nowt John! honest :/

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I don't think the person in question was using a ZBot on that occasion. ICEMAN played his first game on q2war1 and got kicked 3 or 4 times for using a ZBot. He only just installed Q2, I don't think he'd have a bot up that fast. His gameplay didn't indicate he was using a bot...

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Being paranoid about bots, I mailed Rude about zbots a while back and he gave me the URL for the zbot kicking program Barrysworld use. Its probably the same as the one Quake.ie use. but just in case its not here's the url. They swear by it.
    http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Portal/3646/zkick003.zip

about iceman, he kept coming back onto the server by all accounts, while this other guy didn't. did iceman have any other net apps running at the time? there must have been some reason for the mod to kick him.

the battleground mod has zbot stuff built in since version 1.25, and therefore all the ukccl matches over the last 3 weeks have been played on this. haven't heard about anyone getting kicked by the mod. that would mean no mistakes by the mod in 240 clan matches.

Ermmm, think i got me sums wrong there :)

Advertisement