Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ann and Barry books

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 carlovian1

Was it Bran?

Who went on to star in his own spin off book series :cool:

thats what i was thinking but the name Rusty keeps coming to mind too (not sure why) :confused: ah feck why did i bother reading the whole thread about ann and barry haha gonna have my head wrecked now:confused: !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ann and Barry had a dog????

I thought it was just jam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AisMul

I think the dog was called Rover.

I have vague memories of (even then) thinking "maaaan...that's so unoriginal!"

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

Ann and Barry got the dog as a puppy in 'Happy Days' (Stage Two : Book One)

His name was Rover.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Jaygon2009 wrote: »
    Ann and Barry got the dog as a puppy in 'Happy Days' (Stage Two : Book One)

His name was Rover.

how on earth do you remember that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

I have rounded up some of the books, I've been collecting older primary school books for the last year or so. Ann and Barry very har to find but I have two of the four books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Anyone remember Tom and Nora with their dog Spot, would be from 70's Primary school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

maude6868 wrote: »
    Anyone remember Tom and Nora with their dog Spot, would be from 70's Primary school, still hav som Peter and Jane books knocking around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Thought I posted in this thread before, but obviously it's the other older Anne & Barry thread. My neighbours kid had to do a project for his Teaching Degree, and you guessed it, he did a Tom and Nuala projector reel. Tom and Nuala are having a Picnic, Tom and Nuala are walking the Dog, Tom and Nuala are kicking the ball.

I was Tom, my next door neighbour was Nuala. Think there's still a copy of the projector film in Beaumont Girls School in Cork. Once the lads in Beaumont Boys School found out, I wasn't left alone for months - the ribbing I got over that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Does anyone remember the Irish equivalent? Aine agus Ronan?
    No but I do remember Rírá agus Óró..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Was it Bran?

no bran afaik was the irish version of spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭seekers

Wasn't there also some of the readers in school there were basic books and the advanced or extension readers (can't remember which). I remember one of the books had a story of a secret garden owned by a mr. black. another book told the story of Deirere of the sorrows. The junior infants book told the story of a red car.
    Also the Sugradh Spraoi, Siamsa and Sonas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 m1988

Anyone remember Emma and Joe and their dog Patch? think it was around 1994?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

maude6868 wrote: »
    Anyone remember Tom and Nora with their dog Spot, would be from 70's Primary school
    Remember them well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

buy any chance would anyone have a picture of the cover of maura sean and rusty books........or if the up on someones website
    early 70's ish :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

mcgarnicle wrote: »
    Ewwwww those projectors sucked. I remember our teacher made a big deal of it made out like we were going to get a movie to watch, we were all dead excited and then we had to spend the next few hrs reading irish THAT STANK!!!!! I think the projector is the reason i cant speak irish must have conditioned my brain to Irish= reading boring muck for hrs
    We had one of those projectors in Irish as well.I remember one had a story about a boy being teased by his sisters for having long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dubfella

AB7D83E0-D317-4412-BB16-1430355A99A6-10716-000004AD7EDA217D.jpg

4DE49D2F-7182-41C4-9AEB-F52B9226C97E-10716-000004AD784C444C.jpg

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I remember spotting this last year. Funny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dubfella

Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 41 anxie

Lads, just happen to be reading Ann & Barry right now with the little fella. I don't recall this book at all, but I am worried about whether I should be reading the version that the school provided, or this new up to date Internet version... I don't want him to get left behind you know?

12-11-27-Ann+Barry.png
    Dubfella wrote: »
    (see his post above for the amusing image)

Haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement