Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xp Noob

Options
  • 08-06-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

How do i stop the inbuilt firewall in WinXP Pro?

yes yes yes i know.. im a noob..

but hey we all were once!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I would have though you have to activate it first!

Of couse if I have a firewall or not is of no concern to me, Id have no use for it anyway.

Yep WindowsXP (c) is the BEST

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    I would have though you have to activate it first!

eh it is Microsoft ya know.

Open up 'network connections'in control panel. Click once on your dial-up connection, under 'network tasks' click 'change settings for this connection' a properties dialogue box will appear, click on the advanced tab. Unclick the box for "protect my computer...."

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Thx Frugu

and ryo only the Professional ver of XP is the best..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

it happened to me tonight installing some new stuff on the pc and i just said it I LOVE WINDOWS XP pro and Home its like so easy going no hassle, nothing just does what its told tbh.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

Well, Carnate, there is very little difference between XP Home & XP Pro...the most obvious being the lack of terminal services in Home & SMP capabilities....

Other than that, it's all admin/'under the hood' stuff....for example, lack of ability to join a domain, WMI not present in Home etc..

So for 90% of users, XP Home Edition == XP Professional....

• Advertisement
Advertisement