Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Anger

Options
  • 08-06-2003 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

oh my god!

Is anyone really disappointed with Metallica's St. Anger? its way too nu metally! :( I've been waiting so long for it to come out and it was such a let down! Anyone else think so or am i on my own on this?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Go check teh rock/metal board here . Haven't ehard the new album yet. I heard some of the "St. Anger" preview though and wasn't much impressed by it.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

thanks dregin

nice to see im not da only one who was disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

not a good album.... it was like listening to a band the just learned to play, no solo's and nothing new but the bassist, who hasn't added anything to the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

the tv website has a feature on them.
    St anger is a pile of s***.They should really be ashamed of themselves for it,although lars is an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Saint-dotsie
    lars is an animal.

i knew it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

i think the album ROCKS! metallica rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by playmate
    oh my god!

Is anyone really disappointed with Metallica's St. Anger? its way too nu metally!

What the hell did you expect? another And Justice For All? I've given up on metallica a long time ago. Fücked if i'm going to pay extortionate prices to see them again aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paniniter

the whole album is a load of tripe. no solos, no lead at all, hammet must be out of ideas. and all the songs are twice as long as they need to be. i get really bored listening to them. this is our reward for three years wait, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The only song i've heard is St.Anger, and it is crap. t's the same pattern of intro, verse chorus bridge over and over for way too long. As regards to Lars, he's a class drummer, but just what he's done over the last few years makes me hate him for being a hypocrite

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Well just ripped me my copy of "St. Anger" and indeed. It is absolute pish pie.
    The Black Album was the begginning of the end for Metallica. Maybe it was Bob Rock that killed them. He seems to be a bit of a tool. 3 years? Is it not 5 really since garage.....(dont actually know the whole name of it ) was just covers.

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Small wonder their "surprise" set at Donington consisted of mostly old-school stuff, those Stinkin Park fans won't know what hit 'em!

For the record, I think St. Anger is decidedly average but it's no Until It Sleeps! And I'm not going to see them either..

Advertisement