Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my bike worth?

Options
  • 08-06-2003 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I want to sell my bike as I have a car and can only afford to have one on the road and could do with the money.

Its an '89 NSR 125 and I think its class so I'm a hugely biased about what its worth.

But I do want it sold. So what do you think it would take to get it sold, what price? Ideas on selling it. Its going in the Buy and Sell on Wednesday, want to put in a price that will get it sold but don't wanna be ripped off.

Here are some pics that I took when i got it. Its in good condition, note the taped indictator in one of the pics is all fixed too :DURL=http://www.ittkarting.com/motorbike/]link[/URL

Any help appreciated,

Gid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ever been crashed? full service history? etc etc... I wouldnt think you'd get that much for an '89; maybe enough to buy some furry dice for that car of yours. Good luck with the sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

The design looks dated, and it is 14 years old. I'd say about €200-€300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Hibernian rate this right up there with the current nsr125 model. Which means its group 7 insurance, which means, learners can't get insured on it, which means its damn near impossible to sell a brand new one. Theres used to be a good few rk models on buyandsell, take a look, and half the figure they're asking for cos they've all been there for about 12 months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya the insurance for young people for it is the worst cos there probally the most likely to be interested in it. 14yrs old, mmm well its a bike don't age the same as cars and i prefere the design. I sure hope i get a lot more than 300 tbh but thanks for the comments anyhew. Its a beast of a bike for a 125 maybe i'll get it sold to some young lad who wants the speed :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jeez, i was even considering it myself until I saw the insurance, 2500 euro.. bloody hell!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

one of the reasons its high is cos it IS a 125. Taking into account that it is an incredibly fast bike for its engine + the fact that under 18's can drive it (not sure if this has changed) they purposely put it higher to discourage them from wanting one, damn them to hell. So if you want to pay more for say a cbr250 the insurance will probally be cheaper as you have to be over 18 or whatever it is to drive a bike greater than 125.

Obivously I'm not trying to sell this bike here, i'd try to skip past the insurance bit. But if you are older with a full licence it would cost you less than a car, and its a very very fast bike :D:D *Loves my bike*.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yeah its a nice bike alright.. but im just starting out so maybe something a likkkkkke slower might be better for me, dont wanna come off on the first day and total both myself and the bike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭TellyBingo

Is this bike still for sale? And do you have side fairings for it?

it is still for sale, looking for around €600, no side fairings, having someone thats very interested. Friend of a friend, was only talking to them today. So if they pull out I'll let you know if your interested.

****tin myself about people letting on to be interested just to give it a trashing out on the road.
    ToxicPaddy
    Yeah its a nice bike alright.. but im just starting out so maybe something a likkkkkke slower might be better for me, dont wanna come off on the first day and total both myself and the bike

Ah its there when you need it. It was my first bike although i have been on loads. I started out looking for more a cruiser type bike cos i thought they looked and sounded class but after giving this one a spin they just didn't compare, didn't feel as responsive or fun. If its your first bike i would highly recommend not fixing your ideas or tastes on any type of bike till you've tried them all, keeping in mind of the usual, insurance, miles travelled etc'.

Gid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭TellyBingo

I think your over-pricing it a bit @ E600,considering its an '89 and no side fairings but either way if you get 600 fairplay to ya :)

• Advertisement

hope so.

we'll see anyhew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Yeah its a nice bike alright.. but im just starting out so maybe something a likkkkkke slower might be better for me, dont wanna come off on the first day and total both myself and the bike :D

I wouldn't be overly worried about it. Its a 2 stroke 125, which means, under the power band it has fupp all pull. So you could quite easily learn to ride as long as you stay below 7500 revs.
    Its only a fast bike if its kept inside the powerband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

"it is an incredibly fast bike.......its a very very fast bike"

umm dont mean to crap on your parade or whatever but wha??! no offence but what's your definition of fast?
    ps i just saw its fast for its engine- yea i guess but the last bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

the new nsr and rs125's do 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds which is very fast for a tinly little 125, plus they are great hooligan machines, u can hammer the **** out of them much more often than u can a bigger bike cause they dont do 70 in first gear and ****
    ps, any1 wanna buy a 01 rs125 in mint condition with an alarm and immobiliser
    2200 yoyo :)

Advertisement