Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling a French Number (AOL France)

Options
  • 08-06-2003 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

I am trying to call AOL in France at their specific number for international callers (0033 1 70 20 00 15), however I only get a message (in French) that “this number is only valid for non-French callers, people in France should dial the following number….”.

AOL seemingly thinks I am calling from a French number...

Anyone have an idea why? At first I thought it was due to me using UTVIp but putting 13666 in front didn’t change a thing.

Jer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I would hazard a guess that it is something to do with CID. I have seen similar before, in fact my mother-in-laws UK mobile comes up with a dublin CID number

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭embraer170

Called UTV and couldn't give me any reasons but told me to call Eircom.

So obviously called them but that was no help at all. "You have no problem with Caller ID" and that was that.

Where can I go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

you could specify that caller ID isn't sent when you phone them
    it might make a difference

Calling Line Identity can be restricted on a default basis by contacting the telephone company. CLI presentation can be enabled or restricted on a per call basis by entering one of the following codes before the called party's number:

Restrict CLI on the next call 141 (immediately followed by required number) Present CLI on the next call 142 (immediately followed by required number)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by embraer170

Where can I go from here?

Ringing AOL mightn't be a bad idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭embraer170

I tried 142 before dialling the number but got another message in French again "Your caller ID is hidden.... French callers please dial 0800.......)
    Ringing AOL mightn't be a bad idea...

But I can't call AOL can I? For some reason, they think I am in France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Aol have different account settings, the number you are dialling may only be set up for French account holders.
    Try this one
    thats for local acces

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Sorry miss read your question
    try this for AOL tech support in ireland
    051 - 333100
    or
    051 - 333200

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by embraer170

But I can't call AOL can I? For some reason, they think I am in France.

I mean their tech support number :)

Advertisement