Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who recieved Concerts Tickets from Ticketmaster

• 08-06-2003 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering who has recived their concert tickets lately from Ticketmaster,

In the pastmonth and 1/2 I have recieved 2 sets of tickets from them on both times it was in a very small brown envelope and the tickets were really standing out.

My mother even knew what was in the letter....

If you had a dodgy postman/post woman these ticket could go missing easily id imagine

Has anyone else taking any notice of this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That's the way they've been sent out since I can remember.

Dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yep, they've been sending tickets like that for as long as i've been going to concerts.
    It's a bit of a farce considering how much they charge for p+p and admin.
    They even send out yearly rail/bus tickets in the same envelopes. It's pretty nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Ticketmaster is a load of crap.............

What about decent tickets individualised by a picture of the band instead of this crap/cheap coloured paper.

How come you get charged a service fee for each ticket bought in a one off transaction, for example i want to buy 10 tickets for David Gray I will be charged a service charge of €49.50. How can this be allowed??? and yes they'll be sent out in a cheap flimsy brown envelope, i'd expect them to be delivered by david gray himself for that fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I bought tickets for me and my then girlfriend to the Download Festival in Donnington, with Iron Maiden headlining.
    I had a bus booked and everything but the tickets didn't come in time, in fact i haven't got them yet.

Can i sue? I am really pissed off at that.

****ness. Metallica played the scuzz stage (the smallest stage there) at 3 in the afternoon. Would have been cool. You should kick up a **** about it. The director of consumer affairs is the man I believe (or the woman). I'd say one of the boards in the "community" forum could be the place to post for advice.

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I got my slane tickets recently and yes they did really stand out...not all that safe :(
    I had to wait about three months for my tickets to arrive and it varies from concert to concert so maybe u have to wait longer if u haven't got them yet...they send them out in alphabetical order too so also depends on where u are in the alphabet..
    :ninja: ( grrrr...lousy "S")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

why dont ya just go into your local top 20 / music world ,. or hmv to buy em instead of doin it online ya lazy ****es lol

Demanufactured so kindly asked:
    why dont ya just go into your local top 20 / music world ,. or hmv to buy em instead of doin it online ya lazy ****es lol

well for one thing its safer. For a concert like slane which sold out in 2 and a half hours... I think that I'd feel more secure that I was going to get a ticket online. unless of course like some people, I queued from 2pm the previous day..now thats about at least 12 hours of queing just to be certain that ur gonna get one as there was so much demand. now u can't tell me that u'd rather do that than sit at a computer and press one buttton the second tickets go on sale and get them.(also I was able to book mine half an hour b4 they went on sale on the streets....pretty nifty eh?:ninja: :) )
    :ninja:

Originally posted by Sauron16
    well for one thing its safer

Ticketmaster servers ALWAYS kill themselves under any pressure so logging on to ticketmaster.ie at the same time as the half of the country isn't gonna be all that easy on the fluffy dial-up connection most epole are still crucified with.So i wouldn't feel to safe depending on that course of action.
    Originally posted by Sauron16
    also I was able to book mine half an hour b4 they went on sale on the streets....pretty nifty eh?:ninja: :) )
    :ninja:

If my memory serves me correctly the tickets for Slane were reachable, on the website, from the Monday before hand. That's what?? FOUR DAYS. The balconies for "fastest selling Irish concert EVER" (The rolling stones at the point) were sold out a few days before the thing even went on sale (officially).

Ticketmaster suX0rz :D

(Sauron hangs head in shame:( )

but u see even still. the slane tickets were on sale 4 days b4 hand on the internet...and yet u see all those fools (cough*) i mean people queing. not all concerts will be like the rolling stones
    as long as u get ur tickets early on ticketmaster, it isn't so bad cause it doesn't crash:ninja: I'm gonna keep it up until people catch on....tehehehe!
    evilhom.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Going a bit O/T here.

The thing that really annoys me is that they bill you before you get the tickets. For example, I booked REM tickets and then in that months CC bill I got billed for them. I did not receive the tickets till Febuary.........

Ripoff-master......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

yeah i was kinda surprised at this too..i got radiohead tickets and like it was so obvious what they were / and as someone said above would be so easy for the postman to take em on ya...

grrr ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I think the fact that Ticketmaster don't send out tickets for certain concerts two or three months after you've paid for them is pretty crappy, although I guess this is to combat the touts.

But the envelopes are grand, the ticket fits the size of the brown enveloped paper and its nice. I think its a non-issue (but then again, I don't go to many concerts that are over €30).

The service charge though, is completely ridiculous. I have to pay some guy €2.00 to print out my ticket - what is with that. I might as well go up to a machine.

yeah the service charge is ridiculous.... i got 2 radiohead tickets online a couple of weeks ago and it came to a total of 110 euro, allowing for a 10 euro service charge??? what a load of bollox!

worth it if i get to see radiohead though.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

got 2 Slane tickets - ****ing brown envelope with a clear window in the front!! ridiculous! also had to wait for bout 3 months after i paid for then...

well i guess we're lucky to have got the tickets....considering they could have easily been nicked by mr.posty... but then again we shouldn't have to worry about something like that after paying so much for them. it's ridiculous !! :mad:

Advertisement