Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reardens Cork

• 08-06-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

admin to Havanna Browns is now €12 a bit step really isint it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Not the most expensive in Cork

Club One is €15 if memory serves. You gotta pay to play i spose

Or just go to the Qube or somewhere else thats free :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Cruscín Lán have what I think is a very good policy. On nights when they have free live music, there is a 25c surcharge on all drinks. I think this surcharge only starts when the band starts. Good idea as it's bound to be cheaper than a cover charge*.

* Unless you are on a total bender - in which case you are not really going to care about a couple of extra euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by tech
    admin to Havanna Browns is now €12 a bit step really isint it ?

The Savoy has been 15e since the euro changeover, havent been there in a while so not sure what price it is now. Class club tho.

Havana Browns is a shiit hole paying for entry is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

never graced havana browns with my appearance but i have to say that €15, ffs reardens, cop the f**k on. no club could be that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'd be lucky to get as far as having to pay. The bouncers take one look at me and say "no", great ye can go **** each other and act butch about it.

• Advertisement

yes ok, ill bite my tongue and tell the truth, i havent gotten into reardens yet. not because i haent been let in, just never gone there. but if its €12, to hell with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Oh this place is a dump. Almost as bad as "The Other Place"

nothing is as bad as the other place. nothing. well, possibly mangans. but in saying that, i did have the best night clubbing ever in mangans so yeah, you are probably right

was that the night you scored with the cute looking guy and the next day people told you about the mirrors? :p

Remember my first time in there, walked in thinking "what are ye on about it being a ****hole, the place is HUGE!!!", then just stopping short of walking into a mirror.

actually it was last halloween and i was the only one dressed up. it was such a laugh, but as for the mirrors, tell me about.

its freaky, whenever i went there i always walked into the same mirror at the same spot. every bloody time. havent been there since christmas, have to get the gang to go back soon

• Advertisement

Two girls i know went out there not so long ago in similar attire........one went to the jacks and the other stayed behind. The one who stayed behind ran to hug who she thought was her mate back from the jacks, it wasn't, it was her reflection and she smacked off the mirrors she was admititly quite drunk.

Understandably, running to hug her friend just because she came out of the jacks. Imagine one my friends running to hug me for that, "well done, you did it, all on your own!!". Well yeah, now that I think about it, girls do find it difficult to go to the bathroom on their own don't they?

yeah i think it was a well done situation as they hadn't gone together......i think ill congradulate some of my coworkers on gonig to the jacks when they return just to see their reactions

hopefully im starting a job soon, interview tomorrow. so for the laugh, on the first day (if i get it) whenever i see someone go to the toilet, ill congrat them when they get back. it will be funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by yellum
    Oh this place is a dump. Almost as bad as "The Other Place"
    Is The Other Place really that bad? GF went there last Friday with her cousin & cousin's girlfriend. She didn't complain that much. Slightly taken aback by being chatted up by a succession of people (she's better looking than me & less scarily-acceptingingly-liberal as well). Told her to take it as a compliment FFS.

Is The Other Place really that bad?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

It's easy to bitch about the Other Place but it must be remembered it's a non profit making resource centre for the GLBT community in Cork. The nightclub has improved considerably over the past few months; any straight people I have brought there have had a great night. There's a new cinema being installed, the coffee shop might be reopened in some shape or form in the future and the theatre is also quite popular.
    As regards Havana Browns, no WAY is it worth it. I'm payibng €15 to see what all the fuss about the Velvet Lounge in the Opear House is about next week though.

velvet longe is cool to chill out in but then im not paying another 15 euro to go back there. and the stairs in the opera house are a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

You and stairs solice...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement