Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 ....

• 08-06-2003 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Is there any handset (picture phone) that will allow you to choose mp3's as tones and ring tones as that would be a very cool feature.

I know the P800 has an inbuilt player but does this extend to the above?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

The P800 in its current form no, but I think a future firmware will provide this fuctionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Any good P800 sites and forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

You can use the nokia multimedia converter (a win app) to go mp3->amr which will run on most new nokia phones

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

mp3 playback in hardware requires a licence from thomson fraunhoffer which isn't cheap.

Well my new phone will be a P800 as its obviously very cool and fully featured but i would love MP3 playback for my message and ring tones.

bóllox!

• Advertisement

well u can convert ur mp3 file to a wav file and it will play perfectly on the P800

As a ring tone etc?
    ..but i would obviously need a memory chip and what are the prices like for a 64/128mb chip these days?

ringtone only lasts 10 - 20 second, so ur only going to need a clip that size from the mp3 file you want to use, so the size of the converted wav file will be between 1-2mb, P800 comes with 16mb of memory on board (12mb free) and also with a 16mb memory stick. A 64 mb memory stick is available from komplett for €80 here

Thanks, your a star!

& up tallafornia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Well if you happen to have a 7650/3650, you could always use the sound recorder and record a minutes worth of music. Then use the amr file as a ringtone, but the sound quality will be shiite to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Or convert the mp3 to an amr using the Nokia Multimedia Converter and then install it on your 7650/3650, using WAP, email, IR or Bluetooth.

From here

It says that the P800 supports the amr format.
    Multimedia file playing: Audio formats supported by the P800 audio player are MP3, WAV, AMR, AU.

Different format?

How does AMR compare to MP3...sound quality?

Advertisement