Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for free html editors

Options
  • 09-06-2003 9:46am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know what the best or easiest "FREE" html/web page editor is???

I have dreamweaver at home, but i dont have a licence for it at work and want to edit my website (for a local soccer club) on my lunch breaks.

your help is appreciated. im not too savvy with html and its a fairly basic website, so il be more interested in easy to use free editors ( NO WAREZ PLEASE!!!) had a look on the net but there are so many that im hoping someone out there has tried one or two and can recommend.

I have NT and dont have frontpage, can i download that???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Amaya

IMS Web Dwarf

SoThink

HTMLArea

WebWeaver EZ

A Large List

i have not tested ANY of these, so your on your own :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

If you go to the Dreamweaver website you can download a trial version, which will last for one month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I highly reccomend EditPlus 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Textpad
    Vim
    Notepad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I'd recommend evrsoft's 1st page, if you can actually find it anywhere.
    It can be as basic as notepad or start sticking in specific tags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Notepad is my html editor of choice, and if you cant remember or know how to do some thin you'll fiind it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Truckle
    Notepad is my html editor of choice, and if you cant remember or know how to do some thin you'll fiind it here
    Using Notepad as one’s HTML editor of choice has to be one of the most anal things I’ve heard in a while. It’s one thing to use a text editor, but functionality such as colour coding of code, line numbering and block indentation are far to useful to do without just for the rather dubious pursuit of ubergeek status that using something as basic as Notepad might give you.

Use Notepad, if you’ve nothing else, and a proper IDE otherwise, or if you get off on doing things the hard way on Windoze for no good reason, use command line EDIT :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

I'd recommend evrsoft's 1st page, if you can actually find it anywhere.

For some reason the download link isn't available on evrsoft's site, however, if you want it PM me and I'll send it to you, it's about 5MB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Edit plus 2

go to download.com, u'll get it there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

downloading edit plus 2 now!!

il let u know what i think.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement