Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Online/Email

• 09-06-2003 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hey folks.
    Dunno if this is the right place for this, those with the power, feel free to move it.!

Anyway, is anyone else having probs with the Vodafone site? and the email? (direct to pop server)
    Haven't been able to get to either since last Thurs.
    Even though I got a text saying I had new mail.

Called them up, waited 10 mins and yer man comes back saying "yeah some can get to it some can't" he didn't know when it would be fixed.
    (was funny though, he tried to tell me it was my pc, so I informed him I had infact asked my entire testing floor to check (bout 50 odd pcs) and it was down on ALL of them, and would he kindly ignore his tech script and ask someone in their IT dept :) )

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i haven't been able to get on to www.vodafone.ie for the last few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Ahhha.

www.vodafone.ie has just come back.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by shurl
    Anyway, is anyone else having probs with the Vodafone site? and the email? (direct to pop server)
    Haven't been able to get to either since last Thurs.
    Even though I got a text saying I had new mail.

wasn't able to access anything that used the vodafone.ie domain name since the weekend - looks like they had connectivity / dns problems
    was funny though, he tried to tell me it was my pc , so I informed him I had infact asked my entire testing floor to check (bout 50 odd pcs) and it was down on ALL of them, and would he kindly ignore his tech script and ask someone in their IT dept :)

:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Called them up, waited 10 mins and yer man comes back saying "yeah some can get to it some can't" he didn't know when it would be fixed.
    (was funny though, he tried to tell me it was my pc, so I informed him I had infact asked my entire testing floor to check (bout 50 odd pcs) and it was down on ALL of them, and would he kindly ignore his tech script and ask someone in their IT dept :) )

S.

LOL too. The last time I phoned them up about an inability to get into wapmail I was told that 'maybe your phone doesn't support it' (I had explained that I had got through earlier that morning). I was then asked for the IMEI of my phone which is rather difficult to retrieve when you are talking into it. :rolleyes:

Last week I rang up to check my total unbilled calls which were quite high due to me using my phone as an emergency modem. When the customers services person suggested I should be on another tariff I explained that my bill was high due to numerous calls to the data number and was told 'oh so that's what that number is-I didn't know'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

same with me

"DNS look up error"

also the my vodafone services were all down for a while, looks like vodafone are having some problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lectrosoul

Vodafone in this country sucks, its a very rare occasion you will get anyone with any knowledge on the phone when u ring RTG tech support... i find myself taking to the wall sometimes... they sell handsets with loads of different functions, but when u ring tech Supp with a problem the only thing they can say is thats not supported on RTG even though i paid a couple of hundred squid because im not on a bill the phone i have can only use half its functions?? whats that about??

Take the 7650 when it came out its was great for loads of obvious reasons and cause the ability to get email straight to the phone just the same as a txt would be great but...
    s@it not on RTG and the fact that they made a hooha about MMS being free for a few months??? we were all just part of their testing program and it never worked when u wanted it and then they start charging 49c 4 a picture when they think they have it sorted, then take all the Live! phones out of ten phones they sell only one would work ok the rest were sold with simcards that did'nt even support MMS etc and you had to waste your time getting the whole thing set up..

wake up Vodafone cause as soon as (FMNP) Number porting comes along if you dont have your S@$t together your gonna lose big time..
    what a ripoff bottom line Vodafone (Ireland) sucks..:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Regarding your first paragragh, your full of ****e. There is 50 other features that are on your average handset that are not supported by any network. Obviously bill pay is going to offer more services as it is considered a premium service and the operators want you to be a bill customer as oppossed to RTG. The majority of RTG customer are students or kids and dont even care about what most handset can do.

Regarding your point with the Email client on the handset. Vodafone Ireland have 4 GPRS APNs (Access Point Names) that are used to offer different services:
    MMS - Picture messaging
    LIVE - Vodafone Live menu
    WAP - Standard WAP over GPRS
    ISP - An ISP sort of service, allows access to external servers such as email servers.

All but the ISP APN are available to RTG customers, the ISP APN is used for the email client or when you want to browse the web in conjunction with a laptop. This naturally so is considered a premium service, thus is only available to bill customers.

Regarding the MMS statement, it was free u monkey, what to you expect? Where are you getting your statistics also, or are they being dreamed up as well?:mad:

Its all well and good dissing some company, but think about some of the **** you put in posts. Especially making up some random ****! The simple fact of the matter is that Vodafone statistically offer a better service than O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Right, this thread has run it's course and is just getting abusive at this stage.

All parties trading abose warned to play nice in future. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement