Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metric speed limits

Options
  • 09-06-2003 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

i havent heard any new news on this since last year last i heard government were reviewing speed limits anyone know a date for when we are going to see kmh speed signs

also are they going to bring out a new batch of direction signs maybe this time they can put the signs before the turns

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The last I heard, the KPH signs would appear late this year or early
    next...but I would'nt hold my breath. There was some BS about how
    cos Norn iron was staying imperial the change could'nt happen down here. :rolleyes:

Hello? Is this an independent state?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Hello? Is this an independent state?
    thats what i thought yesterday too when I saw on the news that Sterling wouldn't be accepted at the new toll plaza for the drogheda by-pass

i mean like why in the world would they accept sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Famous Seamus.

A man of many soundbytes and press releases. But has in fact done fúck all.

The break-up of CIE, the launch of Luas, clearing the Driving Test backlog (caused by of his own actions too), launch of new motorway schemes, regulation of taxis, extension of penalty points and the metrication of speed road signs are just some of the "initiatives" Minister Brennan has run up flagpoles but not saluted.

Minister, I'm keeping tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

The break-up of CIE, the launch of Luas, clearing the Driving Test backlog (caused by of his own actions too), launch of new motorway schemes, regulation of taxis, extension of penalty points and the metrication of speed road signs are just some of the "initiatives" Minister Brennan has run up flagpoles but not saluted.

Don't forget the new Dublin Airport Terminal...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DMC
    Minister, I'm keeping tabs.
    You too?:)
    If Brennan managed to bring even a few of his flashy ideas to the table (and actually implement them) he'd reach competency level very quickly. He hasn't so... well... competency is a pipe dream at this point. The classic quote seems to be the reaction to the loophole for speeding fines ("well, as far as I'm concerned there isn't a problem").

I'm keeping the FF election 2002 manifesto handy for the next general election as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by rcunning03
    i havent heard any new news on this since last year last i heard government were reviewing speed limits anyone know a date for when we are going to see kmh speed signs
    There is talk of January 2004.
    Originally posted by rcunning03
    also are they going to bring out a new batch of direction signs maybe this time they can put the signs before the turns
    Go poo on your local councillors doorstep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

There was some BS about how
    cos Norn iron was staying imperial the change could'nt happen down here.

i dont see how that could be a problem its cheap enough to install kph speedos, some new cars offer it as a free option to have kph speed dials and our northern brethern have dual display on their speedos so it shouldnt be a problem for them driving down here

then again the dublin port tunnel was supposed to be finished in 1997 so i dont think ill suffer mental shock if meteric speed limits are not introduced pre 2005

anybody remember that 1993 video about what dublin's transport infrastructure would look like in 1997 it's almost as funny as minister Brennan asking for a report on the visability of high speed rail connections

Advertisement