Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router Setup

Options
  • 09-06-2003 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a LinkSys wireless-G Router and I am trying to connect it to a D-Link 300 ADSL Modem. Using Netsource as ISP.

Router gives me 3 options to connect to internet :

DHCP
    Statis IP
    PPPoE

I tried the PPPoE and set the username and password as on the modem. I configured the modem using a direct ethernet link (from PC1) and then rerouted the DSL into the WAN link on the router.

I then added PC1 and PC2 into the router ethernet ports and set the router to use MAC Address Cloning of PC1.....tried to connect but unsucessfully (Just says Cannot connect to Internet)

I tried to change to Static IP setup and the router displayed the ADSL Static IP address and said connected in the status. I was dissappionted then to find out that I could not ping outside of my LAN or hit any websites.

My browser has no setting set at all except automatically detect settings. Direct ADSL connection to the D-Link Modem works fine.

Any help on getting me to see the outside world would be appreciated....

Comments

Advertisement