Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc won't turn off when usb mouse plugged in?

• 09-06-2003 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

have typhoon wireless optical mouse and usb hub,but when either mouse or hub plugged in to pc usb port it won't turn off. tried device manager options but no good. Is it a bios setting?. when i use usb to serial adapter there is no problem,but need to use usb port now . my lexmark usb printer allows pc to shut down . downloaded only available driver for mouse but no luck. ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

IIRC this used to happen on some older IWill motherboards... (i.e. ~2 years ago)

They needed a BIOS update to fix the problem - maybe you do too? Or just buy your PC hardware somewhere other than Aldi/Lidl :p

Just a thought...
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Got the typhoon mouse from Lidl last week...you should have the option to plug it into the PS/2 port....thats what i've done with mine. Works fine for the money.

Seems like an uncool place to buy PC peripherals but other than ordering stuff up from komlett etc., the stuff that they put on offer from time to time is very well priced in comparison with the pricing of places here that one can walk in and buy on the day.

Advertisement