Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading gaming rig

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Greenbean - this is the dilemma of every gamer - never buy at the edge, always in the middle but make sure it still cool 6 months later.

I know the FX 5600 will be un-cool very soon but you are talking to some one with a GeForce2 so how un-cool is that.

Also, I am very nostalgic when it comes to my games - I dunno if I will be a big DOOM3 fan? Like UT3 I installed it, played one round and deleted it... totally bored me... now, when the first UT came out it was the only reason I lived :cool: .

I am still well hooked on MOHSP, I stress spearhead as the wibble-wobble move is not possible - i.e.e you can only lean if stopped but not when running and I love the smoke grenades as they can really change how a level is played. So when the new rig arrives, everything will be put up to MAX and replayed! Sad, but that is how I tick.

On the memory I will be pragmatic and just stick with the 266MHz. I just feels right (I know Matt - I should be more adventurous).

The Duke : ))

Advertisement