Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bikes bikes bikes - i want one

Options
  • 09-06-2003 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Where could i get a Yamaha Virago 125? I would prefer to buy from a shop that could sort out the insurance etc..... prob get one a couple of years old? anybody know any shops that stock these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

they seem to be a fairly popular bike so I'm pretty sure that if you keep an eye on your local bike shops they'll have something second hand in sometime in the future. Would you consider anything else than a Virago though?

Staying with yamaha (and with 125's) theres the Virago and the Drag Star. You have a honda shadow (although that is in a higher insurance group - 3 I think). Suzuki Marauder and Intruder the former of which is a single cylinder so you'll probably get passed by scooters :D

You're bound to get replies from the "what about sport bikes" crowd; yes this forum has a large custom/cruiser following (but thats only cos theyre better :p). Seriously though... as you probably know yourself, stick with a 125 cruiser for cheaper insurance. Sure its not going to go from 0 to 60 in a millisecond but if its your first bike you dont really want more power than you can control.

Maybe if you post what area of the country you're in more people from that area will be able to advise you what bike shops you should be keeping your eye on. Short of that, you couldnt go wrong with ringing all the bike shops in your area and asking them nicely if they'd give you a buzz when a virago comes in.

For what its worth, if youre in Cork check out Ross Motorcycles, Superbike centre (they always seem to have a lot of second hand stuff), Lee Motorcycles, Southern Racing Motorcycles, CB Motorcycles, Sixkiller motorcycles and I think theres one in the marina commercial park too. But... www.goldenpages.ie is your friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

thanks for the info rymus. I am in Meath so hopefully i will find one in the Leinster area. I wanted to stick with a Virago because it came highly recommended by several ppl i know that know have bigger bikes.... and of course it is in a low insurance bracket :-) which is most important!!!!

Advertisement