Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Pro user log file

• 09-06-2003 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Is there a log file in MS XP Professional that can tell me the last say maybe 5 users who logged on to a machine?

Cheers,

John

[edit] Sorry, I know this should have been in MS Apps/OS but I was kinda dreaming when I posted[/edit]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

Hi John,
    I don't know if this is the right forum either,
    anyway,
    Right click on my computer, select manage.
    This opens up the mmc console, press F1 for mmc help,
    search for audit, loads there, here is a cut.
    Have fun
    2fat2fuk

Managing the audit policyWindows XP can record a range of event types, from a system-wide event such as a user logging on, to an attempt by a particular user to read a specific file. Both successful and unsuccessful attempts to perform an action can be recorded.

You use the audit policy to select the types of security events to be audited. When such an event occurs, an entry is added to the computer's security log. You use Event Viewer to view the security log.

Because the security log is limited in size, select the events to be audited carefully, and consider the amount of disk space you are willing to devote to the security log. The maximum size of the security log is defined in Event Viewer.

For more information, see:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Cheers mate.

Advertisement