Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegetarian to go

• 09-06-2003 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

anybody help me out and suggest good vegetarian to go, fairly soon in dublin cheers
    ill go look on the internet too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,452 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a Mexican restaurant near the bottom of Georges Street that does takeaway, with a mixed menu. Otherwise it's largely sandwich bars and cafés / restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Thai/Malaysian stuff , its nationwide AFAIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I'm thinking of going vegetarian actually.

Mostly because I don't see a need to eat animals, plus, I have issues, with killing another creature needlessly, when in actuality, I could survive and prosper, without doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I could survive and prosper, without doing so.

you need meat proten for your brain to develop right etc soooooooooooo techy speaking depending on your age it,s FAR better to eat meat

notting better than a good chicken curry and fired rice lad.s

and the idea that your not killing animals is a bit of a joke seeming all the crap pumped onto veg,s massive combine harverter,s used to pick them (on most farms) etc etc etc would kill most animals/birds/insects fairly well

And one more point if people gave up meat in the morning (never will happen) what do you thing will happen to cow,s sheep pig,s etc ? you really think farmer,s will keep them or that we would be happy to allow them to run "free" :rolleyes: the vast majority would be dead in a few year,s

"anyone that see,s this as a flame is wrong"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by bizmark
    you need meat proten for your brain to develop right etc soooooooooooo techy speaking depending on your age it,s FAR better to eat meat
    I'm not vegetarian but I'm aware that there are plenty of alternatives to eating meat that give the body all the protein it needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by bizmark

Emmm....no. There are plenty of foods which contain just as much protein as a big chunk of steak. Without the fat and BSE of course. There are also many natural sources of protein which vegetarians eat. Milk and eggs for example.

Going vegetarian isn't bad for you. Just a little more expensive :/

Back on topic.....

There's a really nice veggie restaurant near tower records just off Grafton st. Can't remember the name of it now.

And that place on George's St is called "Govinda's". And it fcking pwns. Best lunch place around.

Most of the 'trendy' (read: expensive) cafes in Dublin also do a large choice of veggie lunches.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by seamus
    There's a really nice veggie restaurant near tower records just off Grafton st. Can't remember the name of it now.

Cornucopiea (SP?) perhaps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

not really a topic for the GI board......so I'm moving it to the food and drink board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

ignore the following because i'm wasted %-)

Hey TypeD if you go veggie we'll look like twins (i just mach3'ed me head)

...and yes eggs provide 100% of ALL protiens that you're body is incapable of synthesising by itself

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

McDonnalds! there's less meat in a bigmac than there is in my shoelace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by jd
    Cornucopiea (SP?) perhaps..

Cornucopia (heh, sp?)! That's the one. N1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

AS being a vegitarian I am almost there. I really don't eat beef, except cheeseburgers and very rarely do i ever want one of those. For my protein I eat alot of seafood(shirmp-crab-fish). i like mexican food also so I eat refried beans...I don't feel the need to just not eat meats because of the fact that there are animals involved but...I have just gotten to where I won't eat meats...I like vegis, the more the better off my meal is. When the gals and I go out I order vegitarian dishes. i do get my protien...there are other ways besides meats...:rolleyes:

Advertisement