Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inviting wef speakers

Options
  • 09-06-2003 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

looking for suggestions for speakers to invite to the wef counter-summit in october ....

want people that will get joe soap whos never been to such a talk before, whether that be local or international ( prefferable local)

at a meeting lots of worthy names come up but really not many people will have heard of george monbiet etc

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

You might want to tell people what a wef is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I assume wef = World Economic Forum :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I thought so ;)

In which case can I suggest someone from Feasta .

You might be hard-pressed to get crowd-pullers - George Monbiot is actually quite well-known as these things go and Noam Chomsky, while knowledgeable, makes you pay for his hairdresser, manicurist and personal trainer as well. Although I might have just made that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

For the WEF to be a success you don't actually want joe soap going.
    You want the Status Quo going..

Joe Soap doesn't care and has no power(its true)

Change the ideals of the Status Quo and i'll shake your hand. Get the Teacehrs Unions on your side and get the ciricumlums rewritten to express better Sustainable Living and a less Capitalistic Economic Course in the leaving. These things will force change in society as a whole.

note: if some fool quotes me and starts marxist type ****e i'll kill you and tell you to go read :p

Advertisement