Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting

• 09-06-2003 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

There's not much Accounting talk going on here.

A few weeks ago I was thinking of preparing for a Company or Sole Trader question, but I'll stick with the two 60 markers.

Here's my prediction anyway:

Section A
    Company or Sole Trader
    Control Accounts
    Revaluation
    Farm Accounts

Section B
    Interpretation
    Suspense and Corrrection of Errors
    Incomplete Records
    (maybe Cash Flow?)

Section C
    CVP / Marginal
    (I'll prepare Flexible as well)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Control accounts and Revaluation are a joke. Incomplete Records and Suspense/Correction of errors are harder but still quite easy. And Management Accounting... you could drink a full bottle of Night Nurse and still ace the section.

Those predictions look pretty good, actually, judging from past years and what the teachers have been saying.

That said, I'm gonna leave myself some room for maneuvering, I'll be prepared for just about anything ('cept maybe Interpretation... too many formuale...)

}:>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Yeah, Im going to completely forget about Q1, I think its definitely a good idea at this stage if you arent prepared for it. I'll be hoping for a bit of cashflow myself, published accounts, club accounts, suspense, tabular statements would be nice, incomplete records maybe, and flexible budgeting and marginal costing would be just swell.

You cant beat revaluation/depreciation too, some of that would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Funny how everyone avoids Interpretation.

The only gauranteed question, and just a few formula to learn.
    The report you must do is a bit dodgy, alright.

Yeh, very dodgy. It's my emergency question. Also, dont forget to study the verbal answer questions, like, why are cash flows prepared, or what is the purpose of budgeting?

• Advertisement
Advertisement