Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pc Gaming Hardware Mag

Options
  • 09-06-2003 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to tell you guys bout this new mag,it's actually verry good if ur a hardware freak,they cover modding,overclocking,gfx card tests,gfx card heatsinks/fans,cpu heatsinks,mobo chipsets,processors,ram....everthing.it's on the second issue and is looking good so far.Tiz made by the same ppl who do the crap imo ( pc gaming world ) mag.100% hardware for pc gamers.Check it out.:D

CombatCow

''Pc Gaming Hardware''

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So wait, whats the name of the new mag?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

saw that mag a while back its not to bad i guess its a step in the right direction . but for a better one " maximum pc " its a american import i have been getting it since 1999 ( i think ) from easons becide the gpo dublin as no where seems to want the bother of getting it in for me . its much better imo .

they only get in maby 4 of these pm but the mag is classic .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

a friend of mine got it as well, its kinda pricy as mags go, but it realy did contain some really good helpful information in it

I sometimes get Maximum PC too, but its a shallow copy of its predecessor, Boot.

Max PC seems to be catering for n00bs far too much these days, tweaking Windows and "Build your first PC".. I mean WTF, thats not exactly very hardcore or "maximum". Sigh, wasnt always like that.

Matt

thats true ... it did a bit over the last 4 years . but i still think its miles ahead of the others out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

A couple of years ago when I was living in Australia I used to read a magazine called Atomic MPC. Is that available over here, or is it rubbish? (I'm not much of a PC gaming hardware expert!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keith@modified

PC Extreme is not bad for hardware and games + mods

Originally posted by ozpass
    A couple of years ago when I was living in Australia I used to read a magazine called Atomic MPC. Is that available over here, or is it rubbish? (I'm not much of a PC gaming hardware expert!)

easons can get pritty much any mag u want if ur willing to pay for it . could be €12 tho

Originally posted by ozpass

Thats the mag Dan from Dans Data fame writes for isnt it? I heard its pretty good.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Yeah, it was pretty technical, which I really like. They had vague links to some Russian hardware hacking collective as well and were always printing complex mods for Geforce 3's (which were the latest thing back then) involving homemade PCB daughterboards and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

now that's the sort of thing they should do more of, none of this "hw to overclock" shite or "Tweak Windows XP".

more like how to hack together an IDE interface for your Dreamcast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Pc gaming hardware mag is pretty,
    or firingsquad.com

Advertisement