Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you like...then you'll like...

Options
  • 09-06-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

jeff buckley : damien rice
    destiny's child-the writings on the wall : the best of en vogue
    just a day by feeder : dammit by blink 182

spread the music people....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well i love damien rice and I carry a special place of hatred in my heart for buckley (mostly because of that godawful version of hallelujah).

anyway er..

k's choice: anouk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Damien Rice : The Frames I suppose.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Peas, Cheese : Cheesy Peas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

flaming lips - soft bulletin : tripping daisy - jesus hits like the atom bomb
    in fact youll love it.. not like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Queens of the stone age: Kyuss
    Rage against the machine : At the drive in
    Anger of the sex pistols + politics of the clash: Dead Kennadys
    Joy division : Interpol
    Ryan Adams : Jessie Malin
    A good version of travis : Teenage Fanclub
    The coral : The La's
    Westlife : Dog Sh*t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

"Joy division : Interpol"

I would have agreed, as I like both bands, but it seems a lot of Interpol fans are really tetchy about the JD comparisons and as a result have a really bad view of the band. Which is a little silly as Joy Division are great.

it seems a lot of Interpol fans are really tetchy about the JD comparisons
    I would have tought it would be the other way around altough I like both bands Joy Division are far superior and origonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    Rage against the machine : At the drive in

That's just a downright lie.

Yes they are probally the least similar of the bands mentioned but altough their music isnt extremly similar I think people who like either would like the other. Its not called bands that are the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If you like APHEX TWIN then you'll like TRAVIS. :rolleyes:

Man I hate these bands that live off the success of others. I mean I like Radiohead but it doesn't mean I liked the 10,000 imitators they spawned over the past decade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Is that interpol record any good? The guy in RoadRecords keeps going on about it, but he never has a copy!

Yeah its pretty good you can get it fairly cheep most places €10-€14 tower should have it but ive seen it in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by magpie
    Is that interpol record any good? The guy in RoadRecords keeps going on about it, but he never has a copy!

aye its bloody excellent... easily one of the best albums of last year.

also if your down in road pick up a copy of
    logh - everytime a bell rings an angel gets its wings
    its spectacularly brilliant as well, very similar to Codeine, but a lot better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I just ordered a 7" of Say Hello to the Angels by interpol, which I must say is absolutely superb... kind of like "What difference does it make" performed by Joy Division

Thanks for the Logh recommendation, which I'll check out through the magic of MP3.

I don't wish to pimp, but if you guys are into these kind of tunes you might want to check out magpie in Handels of Thomas St, this saturday 28 June (see thread in gigs/events). We normally do a fair bit of rock/indie along with the other nonsense... Hopefully my interpol record will arrive in time for this week's gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Massive Attack : Waldeck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Early Radiohead stuff : Muse's "Origin of Symmetry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

the thrills - the beach boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

so if you like jeff buckley then you'll like damien rice, and if you like damien rice then you'll like the frames, so using the equivalence principle:
    if you like jeff buckley, you'll like the frames.

coincidently I do like jeff buckley, but i don't like damien rice.
    (the frames are alright)

if you like mansun, you'll like me.
    (the converse is true also, if you don't like mansun......)

Originally posted by eggshapedfred
    if you like mansun, you'll like me.
    (the converse is true also, if you don't like mansun......)

Not many people like Mansun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i like that wide open space song,
    thats rocks.

• Advertisement

yeah not many people like mansun, but the people that do are my kinda people. its like that old saying, not many people bought albums by the velvet underground but those that did probably gave Lou Reed enough money for drugs for about 5 minutes.

same goes for mansun, not many people bought a mansun album, so they jacked it in.

fair play to that last person for saying they liked Wide Open Space. not many people like that song, so well done for making a stand.

same goes for mansun, not many people bought a mansun album, so they jacked it in.
    Really? I heard it was cos Suzi wouldn't stop making threatening phone calls.

nah it's cos draper threw a strop when he realised that chad looked better in the orange boiler suit.

Originally posted by eggshapedfred
    nah it's cos draper threw a strop when he realised that chad looked better in the orange boiler suit.
    Hense why they stoped wearing them (and hense why Draper got a bit thick when that guy in the interview started prattling on about his own authentic jumpsuit)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

A lot of that'if you like this your gonna like that' is just marketing ****e to get consumers to buy stuff, like listing similar bands to those reviewed in Q magazine.
    I'd definitely not agree with Jeff buckley and Damien Rice, Rice isn't anywhere on the same level.

Magpie----''kind of like "What difference does it make" performed by Joy Division'',-ehm that's by The Smiths.

Advertisement