Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny's Signature ( I object to)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by ecksor
    FWIW, I have raised this issue with the other admins before, and I do recognise that it is a valid grievance. If I had my way you lot wouldn't be able to embed images from servers that weren't under our direct control.

puppyshotgun320.gif

(and people who had 100 word signatures trying to show how clever they are who make posts like 'lol' and 'haha pwned' would get banned for a week per offence).

See! And you lot call *ME* evil.... better the DeVvie you know then the DeVvie you dont... :)

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh everyone "calls" you evil Dev, we know who's wearing the pants on boards tho 0_o .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

*shrug*

I was outnumbered 4 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Oh everyone "calls" you evil Dev, we know who's wearing the pants on boards tho 0_o .

Well it isn't amp anyway. ww)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm with ecksor on this one. It took users on my forums over a year to get avatars, and when I gave them avatars I took the bbcode in their signatures away. Give with one hand, take away with the other. You guys can't be trusted. :)

adam

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm not suggesting that users not have avatars or the ability to embed images, I just don't want a web bug facility.

http://www.privacyfoundation.org/resources/webbug.asp

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Using mozilla firebird... right click and hit 'block images from this server'
    Then at least you won't be able to see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Well it isn't amp anyway. ww)

lol. It's funny cos it's true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by ecksor
    I'm not suggesting that users not have avatars or the ability to embed images, I just don't want a web bug facility.
    Meant to say img code. Took the bbcode at the same time. Don't have time to go chasing sig abuse.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement