Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Xbox Live Gamers

Options
  • 09-06-2003 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm searching for Irish XBL gamers so when i get my broadband up and running, i'll have someone to show a neebie like me around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

welcome to the boards....

use the search link up near the banner ad, and put in xbox live.

You should find a number of threads and these will point you in the right direction regarding who is currenltly enabled, and who is on for the beta trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

*puts on david attenborough voice* here we join...the quest for the most elusive of all gamers...the xbox live gamer. the habitat of the xbox live gamer is usually much further west, in the americas. Where the can be seen commonly shouting into headsets like twats, and saying.."radical" Sadly, xbox live gamers numbers are dwindling, as xbox live requires broadband and were not all rich enough to have that. ****ing bill gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm on it also.

Kensutz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

npSloth but Ultima Online takes up so much of my time atm I don't really have that much time for Live atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Sadly, xbox live gamers numbers are dwindling, as xbox live requires broadband and were not all rich enough to have that. ****ing bill gates.

Yes damn him. ever since he joined the eircom board of directors things have never been the same.

Damn him for not joining ntl and help them to roll out a competitive solution.

And finally damn him for making me pay extra for a network adapter for my PS2 to get that online.

• Advertisement

I was going to have a game of Capcom Vs SNK last night but there was no one, absolutely no one playing locally (read: the whole of europe) and the closest person I could find was in the US. Here was me thinking that Live would be jam packed with people all the time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

I'm there too, but didn't make the cut for the Beta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there was no one, absolutely no one playing locally (read: the whole of europe)

Kind of makes you think that Microsoft are lying about the number of people with xbox's that are welcoming live with an open embrace. Won't be able to get online anyway with anything but my humble gamecube since it's the only one with decent dial up support (phantasy star and thats it really). I hate living in Balbriggan, the back arse of Dublin. Hear me now NTL and Errorcom. The Battle of the Brig is far from over!

It's also odd that they seem to base their entire marketing strategy for a lot of games on their Live content. It's a bit of a catch 22 for Capcom though, no one plays so no one bothers to look for a game so no one palys so no one bothers to look for a game and...well you get the idea. The best way to go about it would be organised tourniments, I'm sure theres some out there, I just can't find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

The threads name is Irish Xbox Live Gamers not ****ing gamecube connection club.

I've nothing against the cube but if you want to talk about PSO and the cube make your own thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Split off the GameCube stuff into its own thread to stop urban Ninja from having menstrual cramp over it.

Regarding Xbox Live - yeah, Microsoft are exaggerating the success of the system just a bit. They've sold a little more than 50,000 Xbox Live Starter Kits across Europe to date - which is frankly an appallingly small number. It's pretty successful in the USA, but here in Europe, nobody is really all that interested by the looks of things.

Maybe Live support in PGR2 and Halo 2 will change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

yeah, man those god damn cramps!! got to use my hand to stop the blood flow. MUST GET TO A TOILET QUICK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

If i could get braodband i might actually buy an X-box and an X-box and a copy of capcom vs SNK just so i could play that game against worthy opponants. I spose you'll have to organise matches with ppl though if its not widely played. Hopefully some day i can give u a game sloth;)

Advertisement