Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARGH!!! friggin mobo and drivers!!!

• 09-06-2003 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

i just got my pc back from the menders (the intarnet was fugged) but whenever i try to install the motherboard drivers (aside from the ones on the cd) it just says; "InstallShield (iKernel.exe) could not be installed etc etc." and so im stuck with these ones. that happens with both the 2.03 pack from nvidia.com and the 1.16 pack from asus.com. Also when i try to re-install ati drivers it says "zero display service error".....?????? what?!?!?! its drivin me nuts!!!! heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

asus a7n8x deluxe
    radeon 9700 pro
    win 2k pro
    dx9.0a
    cat 3.4's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Do a google groups serch for ikernel.exe has some stuff that might help you,tbh i dunno what their talkin bout,u might have a better idea.some probs like that are related to dreamweaver from what there saying,good luck.

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

go into your system properties (my computer-right click-properties or control panel-system) hardware-device manager and check if there are any devices with problems, select the devices you want to update drivers for and do updates from there (or you could uninstall those those devices restart and reinstall correct drivers but that's not very good idea if you not sure what you are doing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

hmm well i still have this problem but whenever i try to install the new 2.03 nforce drivers, as well as saying install shield couldnt be installed (the ikernel.exe thing), it says it couldnt be copied to the program files\common files\installshield\6\intel - and it says make sure you have the proper privillages to copy files to that folder.
    but ive got all the privilages enabled an everythin! unless i missed someting...anyone?
    and as for the display drivers, it still says the zero display error. i can still install the cat's but that keepes popping up just at the end. it just seems odd is all.

oh and in my orig post, i forgot 2 mention that windows had just been reinstalled, i never had this problem bfore, was there some setting that had to be changed?

Advertisement