Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs available..

• 09-06-2003 8:43pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just a quick post to let you know about jobs going in this company based in Swords.

Part time work, 20 hours a week, but as far as i know there is some over time going so you maybe able to get up to about 35 hours a week.

Initially a 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension, so perfect for a summer job for all you budding techies out there..

2 weeks training at the start.. in a class and then out onto the big bad floor talking to joe public...

Anybody interested, go here for details.

They are looking for people asap, so get yer skates on..

Any probs, drop me a pm.

Best of luck..

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

well I applied :D
    I PM'd u mate :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

a few people have asked me what do I get out of this..?

answer: absolutely nothing..

a guy just asked me to spread the word..

so i aint getting a thing..

just in case anyone was wondering :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This is for Clientlogic for BT Openworld support. Unless you are absolutely desperate for money I would not advise working here! I know several people who work/worked there and they all said it was an awful place to work, the pay is crap, the hours are awful (One of my friends was told in the interview that only working till 10pm was not a problem, he commutes from Drogheda you see, but as soon as he got into the job they forced him to work till 11), they have a very high turnover of staff which means you're on calls pretty much constantly, they're really strict about using the net during working hours and breaks.....etc etc

Oh, and they're in the process of moving their support lines to Bangalore in India, some of their support team are already based there, which is a nightmare as they're untrained and customers have trouble understanding their accents, and then when they call back they get through to one of the poor phone monkies in swords who has to clean up the mess.

AVOID!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

My experiences with ClientLogic (my employers outsourced some work to them) would do absolutely nothing to make me recommend it to anyone. Avoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Agreed. I haven't worked for ClientLogic but i did work Gateway Tech. I doubt i'd go back unless desperate, and i MEAN desperate.

Stress levels are high, pay is low and the hours are crap. Avoid.

• Advertisement

Is it really that bad?
    How old are you all.. there doesnt seem to be v. many jobs on the northside for the summer :/
    Can you not use the net at all when u are working?
    damn, thought id found a half decent job

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez, if I knew it was that bad I wouldnt have said anything :(

A guy I know works there and said they were recruiting, so he
    said it to me that if I knew anyone looking for a job pass on the
    details..

Oh well, guess they wont be getting anyone from here :p

Whats so bad about this place anyway, apart from the obvious
    part of it being call centre work?

well, im going to go for the interview anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by eth0_
    Good luck if yer interviewed by that Dave Browe guy, he's a complete cowboy!

Commited - People HATE working in clientlogic. I do support work, and I actually like my job, because my employer doesn't treat its staff like crap.

But if it's just for the summer, it'd be alright I guess.

Yeah as a summer job, I suppose it might be OK

But in general outsource companies treat employees like crap on the bottom of their shoes...wouldn't want to stay there for long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I worked there for 5 months, it's probably as good a place as any to get started in tech support if thats what you want to do.

They are not that strict on internet usage, certainly on the BT openworld contract you are expected to be on the net a lot of the time. Tis a strange place to work and you are busy in fits and starts depending on how many calls they are routing to India.

When its busy there is not too much time for surfing - when it's quiet it can "almost" be pleasant. They will tell you every now and again that there is clients going to be walking around and not to surf not work related sites.

The shifts are a load of bollo*. You can get lucky and get a reasonable shift - but that is rare. Often it seems they are taking the piss but they claim a computer program decides the shifts.

Also BT's service is quite crap so the customers are often narky. If you have a thick skin (or want to develop one) then this will only be an annoyance, it won't spoil your day too often.

The actual technical experience you get is of dubious merit - if you want to join a company that uses dial up connections then it may be useful. Anything to do with broadband has to be reffered to a different tech support centre. Also you can't touch networked computers.

Thats another point - you are given a big list of numbers of other areas within BT - this is your friend if you want to fob people off to other areas of the company due to not being trained properly, plus there is so many different divisions that I don't think I ever figured it out fully.

As for the confidentiality agreement:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I worked in an operations centre that took care off all things techie with the companies call centres.

We had 2 client logic sites and both were a disaster to deal with.

The reps were like souless drones who were so ill informed as to what was going on with outages that it wasn't funny. They were all so on edge that they seemed afraid to talk to you in case.

As for the superviors, only marginally more informed than the reps, and with about a cup full of cop on between the lot of them
    They seemed to thing that the telecaster that spat out the call centre stats was some sort of god, whose word was divine and should be treated with reverence and worship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Peace
    Agreed. I haven't worked for ClientLogic but i did work Gateway Tech. I doubt i'd go back unless desperate, and i MEAN desperate.

Stress levels are high, pay is low and the hours are crap. Avoid.

Ditto ... possibly even sell kidneys and/or gonads before participation in such jobs..
    Avoid.

Would u all call €8.50 low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Hmmm well 8.50 isnt alot. But its not bad if it is summer work your doing.

its hard to find nething these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by p.pete

The shifts are a load of bollo*. You can get lucky and get a reasonable shift - but that is rare. Often it seems they are taking the piss but they claim a computer program decides the shifts.

Blue Pumpkin you mean :) That program is apparently a pile of poo, schedules people to start work at really odd times and stuff.
    Oh yeah, one of my friends who just quit clientlogic yesterday, he was on a different shift several times a week, i.e, you wouldn't be in 12.30-9pm every day....which isn't too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I had an interview whit that place last Summer so clad i didn't get the job. Arrived for the interview and took a look around the place alarm bells rang like the notre damme chatedral. Shifts are lousy hours the employee's look like they want to top them selves and the interview itself what a joke.

You do an apptitude test which basically ask's you what the shorcut keys are for internet explorer ?:( nd a very small amount of q's on related netwoking. They releay look for people whit an applications back ground like a microsoft cert :(. The guy that interview's u Dave Broe is not that bad he's brought in from a recruitment firm so he's just given what the company tell's him.

Avoid like SARS.

p.S ANY JOBS GOIN ANY WHERE?

I had an interview whit that place last Summer so clad i didn't get the job. Arrived for the interview and took a look around the place alarm bells rang like the notre damme chatedral. Shifts are lousy hours the employee's look like they want to top them selves and the interview itself what a joke.

You do an apptitude test which basically ask's you what the shorcut keys are for internet explorer ?:( nd a very small amount of q's on related netwoking. They releay look for people whit an applications back ground like a microsoft cert :(. The guy that interview's u Dave Broe is not that bad he's brought in from a recruitment firm so he's just given what the company tell's him.

Avoid like SARS.

Originally posted by woodyg

There might be one or two goin in Client Logic:D

l.o.l.
    Your a right comedian p.pete :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 argh

Client logic is a big big big mess.
    Management is the crapiest i have ever seen in my life. The only thing they are capable of is to threatened & warned u. They simulate to be your friend in order that you accept everything they say but if you refuse or they don't need u anymore they treat u like a ****.
    There is no training appart the one that is given at your arrival & the trainer knows less stuff than u.
    Recently they create a command center. 4 peolpes paid to monitor u & observe queues on the phone.They even put a customer through when u are already speaking to another one.

But they distrubed sweets for easter....

i will be out of there soon.It will be a great day!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 argh

hmmmmmm several arghs here.......
    am leaving client logic to, a company where the management consists in the left overs from Gateway that couldn't get a job anywhere else is bound to stink to high heavens anyway......

The way they monitor people is very narrow focused. They are anal about things like when you arrive in work, how long you spend on breaks, when you go to the toilet and how many calls you take.

One thing they didn't monitor when I was there is when you actually leave. I would usually leave at least 10 minutes before my shift ended and nobody ever pulled me up on it. The best I tried was leaving 2 or 3 hours early and it wasn't noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

clientlogic,

*looks at smccarrick, saint something and tom-thebox*

lol.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Clientlogic *shudder*

Thanks for calling BTOpenWorld Internet services,calls cost 50 pence a minute and last no longer than 25 minutes, my name is schmuck, how did you c0ck up your connection this time

Seriously, if your really badly unbelievably stuck for a job, then maybe consider it, otherwise stay well clear. Was there for a few months, was ok for a while then my shifts started getting messed around so much I didn't actually know what I was on from one day to the next. Come in early one day and get told supposed to be in late. Come in late next day and get called up for not showing for the early shift. Point out shift times from the folder to the incredibly dumb TL and he scratches his head and looks around clueless. Pack of useless wasters... avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Clientlogic *shudder*

Thanks for calling BTOpenWorld Internet services,calls cost 50 pence a minute and last no longer than 25 minutes, my name is schmuck, how did you c0ck up your connection this time

Seriously, if your really badly unbelievably stuck for a job, then maybe consider it, otherwise stay well clear. Was there for a few months, was ok for a while then my shifts started getting messed around so much I didn't actually know what I was on from one day to the next. Come in early one day and get told supposed to be in late. Come in late next day and get called up for not showing for the early shift. Point out shift times from the folder to the incredibly dumb TL and he scratches his head and looks around clueless. Pack of useless wasters... avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

thank fcuk for this thread anyway

saw job advertised on monster.ie, was gonna apply today. Cheers for the warning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I worked there last year for a few months.

I've also worked in 2 other main irish ISPs...

I can tell you this, this place was without a shadow of a doubt, the worst job I have ever had.

It was horrific.

The level of technical proficiency amongst the rest of the staff isn't too great, and so you do get a lot of callbacks that had been screwed over, but the primary reason this happens is that the morale and ethicate (sp?) is so low.

The people in charge are useless, they shouldn't be in charge. The shifts, the guidelines, the lunches, the attitude, the tightness of the poorly run ship is just unreal.

If you need the money/experience, go for it, but otherwise avoid.

The pain of it is coming back to me ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

A few people I know worked for this crowd, mental torture does not do it justice. Its **** money too...

You get 9 an hour just working for the basic customer service in Vodafone in Dundalk, about 10.50 in Sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by sykeirl
    We had 2 client logic sites and both were a disaster to deal with.

I'm not even going to start about clientlogic...
    Put me in a bad mood for the day

Advertisement