Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Combat

Options
  • 09-06-2003 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to run desert combat .35 and .3 together?

I am browsing by mod in ase and I see that there are more servers still running .3 than .35 and since I have .35 installed I have a problem

Is there any way around this problem? Can I install the 0.3 version and run it along side the latest update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I noticed that last night too. Im not sure why so few have updated but .4 will hopefully be out soon [the screens are looking very good, proper animations for morder support too :D ]

I was 1/2 tempted to email the server admins and give out for not updating. .35 is a lot better and less buggy then .3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

tis very strange, ive gone into both .3 .35 servers nps

dont know why

regards
    shin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The startup screenshots in .35e still say .3 so maybe the same thing is happening with the server tags (if such things exist).

Dregin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

this is prob stupid question but can u play dessert combat via single play and if u can how cause i have it but cant run it????

You can play it no problem on single player mode, just click on Single Player on the menu. I would advise though running a CO-OP lan insted, greater control over levels.

To start a CO-OP lan go into Multiplayer -> Create Server (I think it is but you get the idea). Select CO-OP from the game type list thing above the map list then add the maps you wish to play. Set the amount of players and the time limit you wish etc. If your pc is slow and not the best at running BF choose a small number. Also, it really depends on what map your playing on. Once you have all that set click on Start Local.

And then Wa-Hey!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think single player is only working on the original BF maps ATM with DC, although Rexman has cracked the single plauyer coding or something and they hope to be able to have single player missions on the DC maps in on of the updates. It's on http://www.desertcombat.com

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When installing new DCs rename the old one ie DesertCombat to Desertcombat35 then install the new one.

The game doesnt look at folder names only the CON file within it so if you join a game using ASE when the server asks for the CON file the game will look in all the folders if it finds the matching one you will be allowed onto the server.

Note this uses a lot of HD space each time DC comes out you will have 2 or 3 folders for it at about 1gb.

kdjac

An update from Frank DeLise of the DC team:
    Good news!, DesertCombat .38 for BattleFIeld 1.4 is coming soon! We have lots of fixes as well as tons of new goodies. I will keep you updated as we get through testing.

Thanks
    Frank D

Hopefully they will release small patches, i.e .35e to .38 and not another 180+ Mb download :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I second that but i doubt it

Regards

Shin

Advertisement