Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Higher Level subjects are you doing??

• 09-06-2003 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I began fifth year doing 8 Higher level subjects.

The following January, I dropped Applied Maths, leaving me with 7 Higher subjects.

January of this year, I dropped Maths and French to pass, leaving me with 5 Higher subjects.

And now, having failed nearly EVERY chemistry test I've ever sat, I've decided to take the pass chemistry paper too.

I started 5th year on 8 Higher Level subjects, and 0 ordinary-level subjects. I'm now doing the leaving cert on 4 higher-levels, and 3 ordinary-levels.

I don't think I care really, because as far as I'm concerned, you could be doing all-ordinary subjects: the leavin still isn't any sort of an indication as to your abilities in life and in your chosen career.

Anyway, how many Higher-level subjects are you all doing??

How many exams are you sitting at Higher Level? 34 votes

0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote
    20% 7 votes
    17% 6 votes
    35% 12 votes
    14% 5 votes
    5% 2 votes
    10 (if so, is your second name "Einstein", by ANY chance?)
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

*random* *well only kinda* i thibnk the 140 points for an A in hon maffs should still be in place...it took 3 times as much work as every other subject for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

I had Pass Maths n Irish at the start of the year..
    Last month i dropped to pass French and Biology..
    So 3 Honours and 4 pass :/
    not too happy bout it but less work..

cartman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

4pass and 4honours

the extra subject is pass german cos you need a language for some college'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Was doin 6 but dropped maths and french so only 4 now but i know someone *cough* who's doing 9 and I wouldn't be surprised if he got As in all them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Doing 7 honours and pass irish which I dropped down to at the start of the year. best decision of my life.
    I havent opened an irish book all year, no really, didnt open it once even before the exams and im still sure I probably beat everyone in the lower class :)...well not that they studied as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

doing 6 honours and pass irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by The_Prophet
    who's doing 9 and I wouldn't be surprised if he got As in all them

could be a girl ya sexist pig-like thing.
    I havent opened an irish book all year, no really, didnt open it once even before the exams and im still sure I probably beat everyone in the lower class ...well not that they studied as well..

jeez u really have a self esteem problem sangre!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Doing.......used to do :) pass Irish and maths

Honours: English, French, Business, History, Economics and Social and Scientific(Ya ya i know, haha you do home ec ya big gay etc etc. Well ye know what i say, Shag ye all it got me at least 70 points :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

9 higher here.

Maths, Irish, English, French, Applied Maths, Geography, Physics Chemistry, Construction Studies.

Tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    could be a girl ya sexist pig-like thing.

jeez u really have a self esteem problem sangre!! :p

How could it be a girl if he knows him?

P.s Let me have my moment :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

6 - english, irish, french, geography, biology, and classics
    dropped to pass maths at the very end of last year when i decided it wasn't worth it and forgot everything i ever learned maths-wise. very very odd...

Advertisement