Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WITNNESS TICKETS: Have you received yours yet??

• 09-06-2003 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Has anyone received their Witnness tickets in the post yet?

I booked mine the morning they went on sale, and I cant remember what date they said they'd begin sending them out, but I was sure it was supposed to be the beginning of June.

I still haven't got them yet.

Has anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

They say that they are sending them out at the begining of June, but indicate that it may take until the end of June to get everyone's tickets out to them. Basically they say not to start worrying until the end of June...

Wouldn't worry anyway. They really are quite efficient...

[Witnness is gonna be so cool]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Ro: maaan!

Wouldn't worry anyway. They really are quite efficient...

Not sure how you can call them efficient. Haven't got mine yet but I'll give it another while. I really don't see why they couldn't just print them off and post them as the orders were coming in. They've created a postal backlog for themselves.

Originally posted by p.pete
    Not sure how you can call them efficient. Haven't got mine yet but I'll give it another while. I really don't see why they couldn't just print them off and post them as the orders were coming in. They've created a postal backlog for themselves.

With a big event like Witnness, Slane, what have you, they wait until the inital sales explosion is over before sending any out. This way they can do a large amount of them together, probably lowering the cost of printing, packaging and posting. [Economies of scale and such.]

I ain't buyin' into this Ticketbastard crap. Not a big fan of the handling fee and so fourth either but they are a business after all. Without Ticketmaster we'd be srewed...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

screwed? how-so? i haven't bought anything in ticketmaster since last year, nearly all my purchases have been from either sound cellar or from the box-office directly... and thats about 3 gigs a month usually... those "handling fees" can tend to add up to quite a bit... i pay 1 euro agent fee on top of the ticket price in sound cellar... much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

no i havent recieved mine yet either, not to worried though.. Ill worry more if i still havent received them by the end of the month though

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kali
    those "handling fees" can tend to add up to quite a bit... i pay 1 euro agent fee on top of the ticket price in sound cellar... much better.
    [I don't doubt that anyway]
    Originally posted by Kali
    screwed? how-so? i haven't bought anything in ticketmaster since last year, nearly all my purchases have been from either sound cellar or from the box-office directly
    Sound Celler, Road, Commet, etc... They all get their tickets from Ticketmaster if Ticketmaster are the main source. The major promoters such as MCD and Aiken always use the biggest/best... Namely Ticketmaster. Then the likes of Sound Celler get batches of them from there. Don't know how they can only charge one euro extra, but that's not really the issue. Box office, fair enough. They never charge anything extra... But for things like Witnness you need a Ticketmaster...

I got my Witnness tickets in the post today... Go Ticketmaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

They have started arriving cause ppl i know have there tickets alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

got mine friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

got mine on thursday/friday aswell, cant remember which day. :D

Advertisement