Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4v4 IQCL - just a fat bastid chicken

Options
  • 05-11-1998 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Look IQCL lads, 4 v 4 is a really silly number for the IQCL. Please make it 5 v 5.
    Where on earth did you get 4 v 4 from anyway? 5v5 was great last year. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

4 v 4 is the standard in Germany, America, Scandinavia and now the UK. Anywhere they're good at Quake in fact. UK quake suffered a lot from 5 v 5 cos it just meant spawn camping like we did against INC at QP and not much fighting. 4 v 4 rules. Watch the DR 9 demos ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

What kind of LPB to HPB ratio would you have in a 4 versus 4 for example?

John.
    --

Think Kharn said it'll be 2 lpb, 2 hpb. which is fair enough. UKCL is 3 lpb and 1 hpb which is a bit too harsh on the modemer. Oooh I feel an old fashioned "lpbs are better than modemers" argument coming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

i agree with von,

its all campy and FFAey and 4v4 is more strategical and fun basically.
    Ive not got TOO much probs with 5v5, but i would like to see 30 min games

H-K - IQCL Admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 adidas

FFAey?
    Now I see why you get terrible results in English :)

Again we have the...NYOS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK lads here's the deal.

Last year we had 5 v 5 - all fine and well, but I'd say maybe half of all games went on on time because Clans weren't able to get 5 players.
    As Von said in one of these posts, 4 v 4 is the standard in most places. That's what we're sticking to.
    LPB : HPB - 2 and 2
    IF (and that's a VERY BIG IF) it's a thing that we could have a 4 v 4 total lpb match, I may let it go (e.g. College Clans playin' off T1's or whatever).
    As for the match length - lads, what do ye think?
    20 or 30 mins?
    Lemmie know.
    I'm actually thinking about changing it to 30 mins.

Anyway - I'll leave it to the masses to decide what's for the best!

Dav

30 Minutes is a bit too long for 4 v 4 in my experience of UKCL. There was some talk of having 2 twenty minute games back to back but they ended up going for one 30 minute game which many now regret.

Von

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

I think that a one level match is a bit baad.
    U see even if it is 4 V 4 u can still lock it down to an extent. for example DM3 :).. sure we all know CT and DM3!!!! I reckon it should be two 20 min games back to back.
    That is the usual way that we play matches..why not stick to it??

Jay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

2 20 min games???
    I think that'd take a wee bit too long like.
    Besides, I want the league to be more of a neutral ground kinda thing - we'll be picking the levels.
    As regards the cup, it'll be 2 legs, so it'll be Team a's level, Team B's level.
    I was also thinking (like Von) that 30 mins might be a bit too long for 4 v 4 - and certainly would be for 2 matches in the cup.
    Unless more people REALYY want it longer than 20 mins, I'll leave it as is for now.

Dav

Advertisement