Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Handset Video on QuickTime

• 09-06-2003 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Quicktime now supports the Mobile Terminal (Handset) Video standard 3GPP for .3gp files (a type of MPEG4 file). It the one that will be used on supporting 3G handsets and is also used on the Nokia Video Recorder for the 3650/7650.

So for any of you QuickTime users out there here's the details.

This compliments the plug-in that Fidelis highlighted for playback of AMR and 3GP content through Windows Media Player

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You probably know already, but you can view this using Real Networks RealOne player also!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Are you sure? I've had no success at all trying to get RealOne to play .3gp files.

I've been able to get the new QuickTime plugin to work fine but what really annoying me now is that after upgrading to QuicTime Pro I cannot use it's export feature to convert .MOVs to .3GPs

For some weird reason even a small .mov file grows into a HUGE intermedia .3gQ file (eg. a 300k .mov becomes a 155Mb .3gQ) and the final .3gp file remains that size. Has anyone got any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Jim.
    http://mmsmemo.blogspot.com

Advertisement