Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new bypass

Options
  • 10-06-2003 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

new bypass is breaking the rules already.

they dont have the multi journey discount tickets for sale yet.

they don't let the car through for free when there are more than 6 waiting

and they only opened two of the booths out of 6 that were there.

ffs like.

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

/me shakes head...

Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yup, but this is Ireland.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Not impressed with them charging the toll on the first day of opening. Thought it was meant to be free for the first day.:mad: On the bright side thank f*** its open at last. Shaving at least 20 mins off my journey. Can't wait for the rest of it to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How much is the toll?

1.50 for cars. Think its 80c for bikes. You cab get a book of vouchers for 20 tolls @ a discount of 10%. Seemly they are going to have a few days toll free between the hours of 20:00 to 06:00 am. Thats so good of them.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I went through it yesterday.
    Nice motorway now all up to Dundalk and not a Garda car in sight.
    Kept behind a silver 03 D reg 307 southbound doing about 120mph yesterday evening only for them to spend about ten minutes chatting to the lassy at the booth....

{miss teeq-scandalous music starts}... I kept to a steady 110, could have done more...,but it was a fine evening and I wanted to enjoy the sights... :p { mis teeq music fades }

I like that Bridge, pity I didn't see it at night, apparently it looks the Biz.
    mm

not a Garda car in sight

Funny I was thinking that the other day. Wasn't in a big hurry so at 75. Saab came by doing about a ton and one of thoes big ass jeeps tail-gating him. They passed an intersection at Balbrigan
    and of coure the gaurds were on it. Have to feel sorry for the Saab as the guy in the Jeep got away with it and he was more wreckless. Ah well
    :D

The bridge really looks excellent at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Yeah the bridge looks pretty impressive at night. I was a little disapointed the first time I crossed it though. I was expecting a huge structure with all the hype surrounding crossing the boyne, only to find that it seemed to be a overly big suspension bridge.

Anyone know if the truckers are still boycotting it because of the high toll charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Cant wait for next week when the Airport-Balbriggan stretch opens. :)

Originally posted by DMC
    Cant wait for next week when the Airport-Balbriggan stretch opens. :)
    Is it july 10th or 14th or summat??
    It looked like a total tease, not being allowed on it:p
    Before the Arklow by-pass opened, I used drive down it for the crack at night and used to come across motorbikes doing wheelies at big speed:eek: Shhh, now, but the airport Balbriggan stretch would be great for that:ninja:
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nope, this Friday.... IIRC.

Edit: Aye, confirmed.
    http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/news/story.asp?ID=309

"The new N1 Lissenhall/Balbriggan Bypass is due to open on June 27th at 2pm."

Advertisement