Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REAL Cars and more in GTA3 MOD WELL WORTH A LOOK

Options
  • 10-06-2003 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hi

I dunno if this has been posted before but I thought I'd stick it up for people to take a look. It's a mod that makes gta 3 more realistic. It changes all the cars to real cars you'd find on our roads that look ****in sweet. Also changes weapons to real ones you get in real life. Defintely worth a try if you're interested in re living the GTA 3 missions only with real cars and guns and buildings. It's a big download but I got it in one night with 56k.

Have a look at the shots of all the cars and weapons and modifications and make your own choice. But imo It's definitely worth it :) MINI COOPER!!!

GET IT HERE

Ry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's not the same as the original GTA mod that just changed the names of the cars is it?

Mustang - Stallion
    Ferrari 355 - Cheetah
    Landcruiser - Landstalker

there's already 'real' cars in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

No, it's a 107meg download & it looks like there's plenty of new models etc in it. Eg: Monster Truck, f-16 Falcon, proper Dodge Viper GTS, Lamborghini Diablo etc etc... looks pretty sweet tbh! :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Those are some really high class models by the looks of those pics, they outshine the crappy police car replacements and stuff that I downloaded by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

true you know what the cars are anyway just rockstar would of had to pay for a licenced name,

infurnice- lambragini diablo
    banshee- viper
    mibatsu monstrosity- could be any suv- jeep/ people carrier thing to normal non americans, same goes for the landstalker.
    The karuma is an american ford car???
    and so on, i wouldnt bother downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Karuma is a Chrysler Neon.
    The Mibatsu Monstrosity doesnt exist. Bet they got the idea from the Canyonaro in The Simpsons. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

The Kuruma in the mod is a Merc Benz C200.

The whole mod runs perfectly there are only VERY VERY minor flaws in one or two of the models. For example the mitsubishi galant. While driving it I noticed You're character is sticking through the seat a little but it's hardly noticable. The models you see on the site are exactly that good in the game! It's great fun tbh speeding round in some very nice cars. I recommend lookin at the site at least and seeing what they have put in it and then make your mind up cuz I think you will enjoy it if you do! :)

Ry

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Models look real nice,
    BTW did anyone ehar something about the gta multiplayer mod?
    My ASE wanted to update the ASE to handle the GTA 3 multiplayer... ?

Wah? Who? Where?
    Sorry that sig still scares the crap out of me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol, check here then
    Lenny's signature ( I object )

I can't look at it, I was banned from that forum for equal naughtiness ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by weemcd
    infurnice- lambragini diablo
    banshee- viper
    The karuma is an american ford car???

I thought the Infernus was a XJ220 myself, the Banshee a Boxster and the Kurama a Focus (yes they sell those in the US too).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the banshee is defenatly not the boxter, the two lines odviously mean a viper. I thought the stinger was a boxter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

banshee is indeed the dodge viper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Lenny
    Models look real nice,
    BTW did anyone ehar something about the gta multiplayer mod?
    My ASE wanted to update the ASE to handle the GTA 3 multiplayer... ?

yeah i got that too here a site i found about it GTA3 multiplayer , apparently the code of multiplayer was already built into gta3 but they didn't enable it, so these gusy did.

I thought the Stinger was a Boxster too, so I changed the name in the file. I just didnt want to drive a Toyota MR-2 and the stinger is by far the best car in the game imo.

As for the Kuruma looking like a Focus, it reminded me more of a Mondeo.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    As for the Kuruma looking like a Focus, it reminded me more of a Mondeo.

yup, thats what i think it looks like to, or the ford taurus(dunno is the that US equivalent). Some of the cars in that mod look seriously sweet!! I think i might just have to d/l it!

heres another link for GTA3: multiplayer dunno if its the same as the other one.

Codename GTA have a pic of the mulitplayer console
    here . Looks pretty good, would be some laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm gonna buy GTA3 for the p.c. just for this..... :eek:

is the mulitplayer any good?
    i've heard of it but am not sure if its worth it

edit: don't think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

When I showed my brother the pictures he didn't think they we're real. But I got a mate to download it just to prove to him that it was real.No way am I downloading a 107meg download.

Yeah its a pretty big d/l alright. It worth it though! I just installed it today and the cars a seriously sweet!! The viper is sooo nice and all the cars(even the trucks and ambulance's have savage alloys). Alos the yakuza supra is well nice to. gees i could go on and on about it cuz all the cars r so nice. Just d/l it at college or a netcafe and burn to cd.

I haven't played the multiplayer thing yet. Eyerer have u played with it or heard off of someone if it was good or r u just saying that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

my m8 blazer's 3 metres away and he thought the pics were real. lol, very classy looking game, gonna get it even thought im 56k ill drag it down :p it looks like so much fun, only if there was proper multiplayer now tho. as in being able to switch cars, walk around and see each other etc. would be a lot of fun

I want to drive the SUPRA! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What's it like to play? is it too good to be true or is it every bit as good as it seems? do the cars look out of place or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

I doubt the cars seem out of place since there's new buildings, look at all the screenshots on the homepage

Originally posted by suppafly
    I haven't played the multiplayer thing yet. Eyerer have u played with it or heard off of someone if it was good or r u just saying that?

i went to the mta forums and read about the multi player mods
    atm they aren't very playable and are very buggy
    i wouldn't bother with them for a long time, until they are fixed up a lot

The cars are every bit as good as they look. They drive nicely and look better than alot of the cars in the default game. Couple of dodgy texture issues on odd places like the inside of a door or the front of the mitsubishi galant after it has been crashed a couple of times but thats pretty much it :).

As for the multiplayer it is buggy but it works what with the new version 3 being released lately. Couple of friends did a lan of it few nights ago. You have to use All Seeing Eye to find a server then the launcher to get in. It's kinda tricky but the instructions are in a sticky topic in their forums if you get stuck. As for playing mp I played a little but it's not great on a bad connection like mine. Much better for lan or fast net cafe play. It's every bit as good fun as you can imagine and they are at work on a Vice City multiplayer. Apparently Multiplayer was all included in the pc versions it just wasn't enabled for some reason.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I d/led this a week or so ago but only got around to trying it out today. It looks cool alright but apart from the radio in the cars I get no sounds whatsoever. No street sounds, engine noise, tyre screeching, nothing.
    In audio options it says no audio hardware installed.
    I had a quick go of the normal version before installing and it worked fine.
    Any ideas anyone?

Very odd. Mine worked fine first time. A complete uninstall and reinstall might fix it. Annoying but often the best way to make sure it's not just a once off glitch (which it often is). Hope it works.

Ry

Which mirror did everyone download off? The latter ones don't seem to work and I'm sick of queueing for it in FliePlanet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gamestar.cz, might as well copy the url from getright...

http://www.gamestar.cz/gs/gta3/realgta3.zip

they might not like leeching tho, so you might have to find it yourself.

this had better be worth it, been d/l roughly 20 mb's of it every day for the last 4 days (****ty 56k connection)

• Advertisement

just to reassure u all it is worth it the big d/l. Everything is really sweet. There's a good few different mercs and BMW's and most o fthe cars have customised handling. The BMW M3 is nice! And boober, everything looks right, and yes, the Supra is really nice, one of my favs! That and the big Monster Truck! Oh yeah, Makaveli, I d/l mine off of file shack and i didn't have to queue much, just 2 mins

Advertisement