Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats David!

Options
  • 10-06-2003 9:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well done on Newstalk... I cant believe Eircom didnt bother their holes to turn up!! Did they give a reason?

Well done on getting the boot in on the "ISDN isnt broadband" in clearly at the end.

I didnt catch it all but what I heard sounded good!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Aye, congrats :)

In fairness it was probably too short, David didn't get time to "get the nuts in" and eircom being the fools that they are commited suicide yet again by NOT showing. Fair play to the guy from IBB for getting his carcas outa bed to chat aswell :)

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

but if anyone managed to mp3 it could they post it up, i know skeptic missed out on it, but someone musta got it

regards

shin

i knew eircom wouldnt turn up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Thanks guys, and thanks to all who called/texted/mailed! Great to see so much feedback it's very important.

I realise I'm double posting here, so maybe my other one can be scrapped but here goes....

I was most dissapointed Eircom were a no show, although I wasn't that surprised! I think it was important that David McWilliams passed comment on it from at the start. Eircom did say that they *may* phone in with comments afterwards however!

You can't expect presenters to be as clued in as you'd like. It's not a very interesting subject for the masses! Never the less David said it was a subject that had genereated an awful lot of feed back both during and after the piece and on the previous day when it was mentioned they would be covering it. He also confirmed that it is something he wants to investigate further. He's got his own hard copy of our recent presetnation to the Oireacthtas committee to mull over in the mean time.

It's inevitable that I get asked to comment on the technologies. People have suggested in the past that we should be able to do more to counter this but radio does not work like that. These questions are asked for the benefit of the listeners. You don't want your; listeners turning off faced with something incomprehensible.

Companies present during such discussion will always push their products on air, a skilled presenter can spot the sell and choose to give them their alloted time or take the piece somewhere else.

I've said before and people may or may not agree with me but it's vital to get these radio slots and get the message out further and further. We do get the opportunity to go into much more detailed discussions, luckily at high levels such as the recent Oireachtas hearing. These are the opportunites for us to go on public record and rasie the flag on these complex issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

eircom being the fools that they are commited suicide yet again by NOT showing

To be fair now, they'd also have been commiting suicide if they had shown up ;]

Haven't heard it yet (for some strange reason I thought it was on at 4pm), but well done anyway David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Well, I for one am convinced that Eircom have finally inadvertantly shot their own dirty rat , by failing too appear on the show, and it has only helped the IOFFL aims, aspirations and credibility.

Thank you Eircom and, please do me a favour and always fail too turn up anywhere ever again! Especially now that your dirty - *Rat is Dead?.. in my books. If not everyone elses?...

Paddy20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Did anyone mp3 it? If so can they post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Eircom ... please do me a favour and always fail too turn up anywhere ever again!

You won't be saying that when you need your phone line fixed! :p

Advertisement