Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 3 Lights Flashing

Options
  • 19-12-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

I have a HKC 1070 and the green, yellow & red lights are flashing however there is no fault showing.

If you go into Engineer Mode and come out, "No Faults Found".

Any ideas what this is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Do you have any RF Keyfobs? If you do try replacing the batteries in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Do you have any RF Keyfobs? If you do try replacing the batteries in them.

No, no RF Fob, all wired with the exception of 1 wireless shock/contact sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you tried entering your code?

Have you tried entering your code?

Yes, no faults.

Entered Engineer mode and exit, "No Fault Found". Also check in Engineer mode, show system fault, again, "No Fault Found"

Mobile app working fine, so I don't think it's comms related. Also turn off mains, alarm picks up the main fault, restored power and all light still flashing so I don't think it's main related either.

I'm thinking maybe a faulty keypad.

Alarm seems to be working 100% other than the lights flashing, arming, disarming etc

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Yes, no faults.

Entered Engineer mode and exit, "No Fault Found". Also check in Engineer mode, show system fault, again, "No Fault Found"

Mobile app working fine, so I don't think it's comms related. Also turn off mains, alarm picks up the main fault, restored power and all light still flashing so I don't think it's main related either.

I'm thinking maybe a faulty keypad.

Alarm seems to be working 100% other than the lights flashing, arming, disarming etc

When you enter your user code what happens on the keypad?

• Advertisement

Everything works as normal.

Enter personal code, arms and disarms as normal.
    Engineer code, enters engineer mode, no errors, just into service menu.
    Quick Codes work as they should

Piece of useful information

The issue is as follows, if for some reason you press the REC button and they press any other button before leaving message.
    Sometimes the alarm get into a messed up state, everything is working 100%, all light start flashing.

Solution, simple press the REC for 2 second, left go, then press PLAY.

Problem sorted.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes. If you record a message the 3 lights flash to let you know there's a message waiting to be listened to. A feature that never took off. I'm surprised HKC have not removed it in newer models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

It beeps now as opposed to the 3 flashing lights.

Advertisement